Sign in to follow this  
TCH-Thomas

Quicktime Player 7.4.1 Released

QuickTime 7.4.1 addresses security issues and improves compatibility with third-party applications.

Get it at: apple.com/quicktime/

Or don't use bloated Quick Time, get Quick Time Alternative or Quick Time Lite instead.

See, now you got it. It's hard to just get the QT player without iTunes anyway.

And thanks! ;)

The auto updater in QuickTime (mine at least) says there is no update available and I'm just at 7.4. Why don't they tweak that simultaneously with the release, do they stagger auto updating to reduce server load or is there just always a delay between website release and auto update realization?

Also, I'd just like to vent at the fact that updating QT always installs a desktop icon, a quick launch icon and alters the preferences to start up in some media center mode...all of which should be check the box type stuff but has not been in the past. Such practices, altering preferences, file associations, installing anything even just an icon ought to be illegal and seriously punishable. /vent over

Also, I'd just like to vent at the fact that updating QT always installs a desktop icon, a quick launch icon and alters the preferences to start up in some media center mode...all of which should be check the box type stuff but has not been in the past. Such practices, altering preferences, file associations, installing anything even just an icon ought to be illegal and seriously punishable. /vent over

One of the reasons I don't like QuickTime and stopped using it.