I have an account set up with forwarding to another email account. I've noticed that the forwarded messages are retained in the original email account also.

Is there a way for this not to occur (without having to go into webmail and delete them).

ffrazz

• 3 years later...

Just keep in mind that SpamAssassin does not filter forwarded mail, it only filters mail that is going to an email account on the server. So if your TCH account is getting spammed, and it is forwarding all your mail (including the spam) to your ISP account or Yahoo account or whatever, they may tag your TCH domain (or server) as a spamming domain (or server) and blacklist it. And that's a headache for everyone.

Just a heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
Just keep in mind that SpamAssassin does not filter forwarded mail, it only filters mail that is going to an email account on the server. So if your TCH account is getting spammed, and it is forwarding all your mail (including the spam) to your ISP account or Yahoo account or whatever, they may tag your TCH domain (or server) as a spamming domain (or server) and blacklist it. And that's a headache for everyone.

Just a heads up.

This is good to know. I know Comcast is aggressively blacklisting accounts in which all e-mail from a domain name is forwarded to the user's Comcast account. As recommended throughout these forums, I've set my default address to :fail: instead of forwarding as a catchall (bummer, but ultimately no big deal). I'm also keeping track of my good and disposable e-mail addresses, and not using obvious ones like webmaster@..., admin@..., etc.

I tried to configure Spam Assassin today but there are some differences in fields between the tutorials/posts and those in SA -- different versions, perhaps? I need to take a fresh look at it another day and ask specific questions.

Thanks all!

Edited by DendWrite