TCH-Thomas

Joomla 1.5 Released

Joomla 1.5 has been released.

Read more / Get it at: joomla.org

There is a migration guide (version 1.0 to 1.5) at:

help.joomla.org/content/view/1933/294/

Do not forget to backup your current files and database as a security if something goes wrong!

and a manual for new joomla installations at:

help.joomla.org/content/category/48/268/302/

Hi Thomas,

Any idea as to how long it will be before the stable version is released for Fantastico? I'm champing at the bit to use this new version for my clients, but only want to do so when the upgrade is available via Fantastico.

I've been running the 1.5 betas and the full release on my home machines for testing and am excited - however, I've run into problems in the past when I've manually upgraded/updated packages and then later tried to use Fantastico. Thus, I would rather err on the side of caution and not use bleeding edge packages until they are available via Fantastico.

Thanks,

Patrick

Edited by pagoda

Fantastico hasn't been the fastest at releasing updates. No real idea how long it will be before they get it out. Hoping it's not too long myself since I have one install using the previous version.

Hi Bruce,

Fantastico hasn't been the fastest at releasing updates...

Read: By the time 2.0 rolls around we'll have a Fantastico v1.5 ready-to-go. LOL! :lol:

The question is as I see it, will Fantastico contain version 1.5 in quite some time since I´ve read that also joomla version 1.0.14 is on the way and then probably 1.0.15 and so on...

Hi Thomas,

The question is as I see it, will Fantastico contain version 1.5 in quite some time since I´ve read that also joomla version 1.0.14 is on the way and then probably 1.0.15 and so on...

Ugggh. I think you're right on the money there. It's a pickle alright. The last time I installed a version of software manually (that was otherwise offered by Fantastico) and then later wanted to update it using Fantastico, I ended up with a huge mess. This would be less of a problem if I were only maintaining one website (my own) but with clients it is more efficient to have them all on the same version at the same time using an automated tool like Fantastico... *sigh*

If your implication is correct (as I suspect it is) then maybe it's more worthwhile to roll my own in order to be consistent across clients?

Patrick

Edited by pagoda

Just a little note to everyone that are trying to make a fresh 1.5 install...

I just tried this and got a error similar to this:

>Undefined index: DBtype in home/user/domainname.ext/installation/installer/models/model.php on line 731
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getnulldate() in /home/user/domainname.ext/installation/installer/helper.php on line 290

and there seems to be a few people in the official joomla forum that get this error so I would wait with trying to install this new version until there is an official solution.

If this error appears when trying the migration alternative I don´t know yet.

I just successfully installed 1.5 (clean install).

All I did (different from last try) was to dowload a new copy of the zip file.

Perhaps they have updated a file in it or something, don´t know, but it works and I sure like what I see. :)