Configuring To Send Email For A Form

Mae

I followed the directions in my Frontpage book to have the results of my form sent to my email address (I'm using my yahoo address though). When I get to the end it says my server isn't configured to send email. What do I need to do?

I followed the directions in my Frontpage book to have the results of my form sent to my email address (I'm using my yahoo address though). When I get to the end it says my server isn't configured to send email. What do I need to do?

Are you working on your site on your local hard drive or directly on the server? If you are working locally and then publish to the server, you can ignore the error message because it is referring to your local computer not being setup for email. Sometimes I've even seen this when working directly on the server, although the form usually still works to send email. Sometimes the FrontPage form control doesn't recognize that the server supports email sending. Using your yahoo address shouldn't be an issue.

PK

One thing to be wary of when sending forms to providers such as yahoo. If your form becomes the target of spammers, don't mark the received mail as spam in your Yahoo account. If you do, it can cause Yahoo to greylist (temporary block) or blacklist (completely block) the server and you won't receive any form results.

I'm not sure if there are any protections that can be setup for a frontpage form to prevent spammers, but you may want to look into a captcha or other form validation method. If the form is on a protected portion of your site, then it shouldn't be an issue.