Root Mysql

imamac

In one of my accounts, I am attempting to install Open EMR (healthwebit.com). In the installer PHP script it requires a root MySQL password in addition to the user login/password. It does note that generally it can be left black, but I get this when I do:

openEMR Setup

Step 3

Connecting to MySQL Server...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/******/public_html/openemr/openemr/setup.php on line 159

ERROR. Check your login credentials.

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (#1045)

Any suggestions here? Is there a "root" password? If so can it even be used on a shared server? Will TCH dash my dreams to pieces? :)

Create a database in cPanel.

Create a user.

Add the user you created to the database.

For your configuration:

The database name will be your-cpanel-name_dabasename

The user will be your-cpanel-name_user

The password will be the password you used when you created the user.

Hope that helps.

What you're referring to is the routine thing I've done a hundred times on many databases. But is asks for a root MySQL password in addition to that. I can post a link if it will help to see it.

I took a look at this script and they assume you have full access to the server and are not installing to a virtual account.

Since you do not have root access you need to create the database, then use the option "The databases have already been created" during setup.

I took a look at this script and they assume you have full access to the server and are not installing to a virtual account.

Since you do not have root access you need to create the database, then use the option "The databases have already been created" during setup.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!