Transfering Domain Name To Someone Else

webgyrl

Hi all,

My brother wants to transfer his domain name to his former bandmate. I suggested that to make sure things are tidy, he should sign some sort of contract stating that he is giving/transfering the ownership of the domain name to his former bandmate and that he will not make claims to it. The domain was registered thru TCH and I have all the account info.

Does anyone know of a contract that would be good to use for this sort of thing?

Also, if my Mum is on the billing info for the domain, who would I talk to about switching everything over to the bandmate once the contract is signed? Would I just go into the main account and change the info to him and have him put in a payment method?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi Nat,

Sorry I don't have any advice about the contract but I can help you out with the actual change.

Just follow the instructions for Changing the Registrant Account for a Domain Name, once completed the other party will receive instructions on how to complete the change. These instructions will include having them create a new account for their billing and other information. There should be no cost involved in this process with the exception of add-on services such as private whois. If you have purchased any add-on services they will be cancelled and the new registrant will have to purchase their own.

• 1 month later...
Hi Nat,

Sorry I don't have any advice about the contract but I can help you out with the actual change.

Just follow the instructions for Changing the Registrant Account for a Domain Name, once completed the other party will receive instructions on how to complete the change. These instructions will include having them create a new account for their billing and other information. There should be no cost involved in this process with the exception of add-on services such as private whois. If you have purchased any add-on services they will be cancelled and the new registrant will have to purchase their own.

Hey Dick,

I am in the middle of doing the transfer. i filled out the info required, and an email was supposed to have been sent to the other party. But he hasn't received an email yet. Is there anything I should do or does this take more than 48 hours?

Thanks!