Tech Support Has Taken A Bad Turn

Guys, I hate to say this, but TCH tech support is no longer reliable.

Up until recently, tech support by e-mail support has been very reliable. Now there appears to be a language barrier that causes severe communication problems.

As a result, anything but the simplest request is bungled -- not through lack of effort -- but through a plain old inability to communicate.

The problem is made worse by the fact that each time I follow up, tech support seems to treat the question as an entirely new issue. Thus, they have no history of what they've advised or attempted in the past.

I'm going to post my particular tech issue in a separate thread and see if the user community can provide some direction.

Meanwhile, I hope you'll explain to the community what recent changes you may have made within your tech support department.

I am sorry you are having difficulty with tech support but the preferred method of requesting help is via the help desk.

Bruce, the help desk advises me to submit a ticket, which begins the unsatisfactory cycle of e-mail tech support.

I don't see why you can't address the question I posed here regarding any recent changes you've made in the tech support department, as tech support is a function of the TCH service, and this is the appropriate forum to provide feedback.

Meanwhile, I've posted my particular technical question in one of the forums, and hope to get some help there.

Edited by slobjones

I don't see why you can't address the question I posed here regarding any recent changes you've made in the tech support department,

Because he is a moderator of the forum here and has no say on any changes TCH makes. I'm sure someone from TCH will be around to answer your question.

Bob is correct. The mods have no access to the servers or your account information. So if you are having an issue the best way to get it resolved is through the help desk. If it's a problem installing a piece of software or general help we can help you in the forums or one of the other family members can.

I almost never had a problem, but when I did in the past I had excellent and fast live service.

I had put some photos and text last sunday and noticed that they had disappeared today. I tried to find out what was happening. Was it totalchoice or cutesitebuilder?? Looked and didn't see any status problems or any changes in the news sections. Maybe I looked in the wrong places.

I tried to contact, but noticed no more live help and have to send a ticket.

I got a reply and I'm told "the server has been changed"? fair enough! so I ask, I not being a hosting einstein "What is it I must change to get my site updated again to the new server?"

After playing email tag, I ended up figuring out myself (swearing like a trooper). I got the wrong answers in what was needed in the ftp host address (I politely and clearly asked twice) Gave me the wrong answer and I had to do it trial and error. I had to upload 4 times and it kept dropping the ball till I finally got the right address in which it uploaded smoothly and stayed connected during the whole process.

I find the customer service has dwindled, at least for me. Only because there really was no follow up to see if the problem was solved correctly and satisfactorily.

Edited by caponenut

I'm sorry that you had problems with your site. But I must say Live Support has gone nowhere, it's still available.

We also have help pages and movie tutorials for setting up FTP.

Your server name can be found when you log into cPanel. Make sure you subscibe yourself to your server forum thread to be notified of changes made to your server.

And there is always the forums if you get stuck. Are you still having problems?

Thank-you Bruce! I appreciate the words and your concern. Wished they came out of the tech support guy LOL!

I thought the live help was gone.Thanks for your patience and the link.

I agree that I should look around for the answers myself. Guess sometimes we want immediate solutions.

Best regards,

Mario

I'm sorry that you had problems with your site. But I must say Live Support has gone nowhere, it's still available.

We also have help pages and movie tutorials for setting up FTP.

Your server name can be found when you log into cPanel. Make sure you subscibe yourself to your server forum thread to be notified of changes made to your server.

And there is always the forums if you get stuck. Are you still having problems?

Edited by caponenut