Some Sad News

TCH-Bruce

It saddens me to let everyone know that TCH-Don passed away peacefully in his sleep last night.

As many of you know Don had been battling cancer for quite some time. He is now at peace.

All of us at TCH will miss Don very much as he was a great help to many of us and a dear friend. Our prayers go out to Don's wife and family.

photo-105.jpg

Don Rosenquist (TCH-Don)

May 22, 1944 - Nov 24, 2007

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

He was a real sweetheart, the first person to acknowledge my presence in this forum back in 2003. He was a world of help to those who needed here in the forum, including myself.

His kindness and his friendship will always be remembered. ;)

The world is diminished by his passing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

He is at peace now, free from pain and suffering.

God bless him and hold him now.

It´s a bit hard to understand when someone who has been a part of our lives for so long have passed away, so for us, our friend Don will always be in our lives, maybe not the body but the soul.

I got to know Don around 1999 through another forum and if there was one person who could always make me smile or help me with a problem, it was Don.

To Don where ever you are now,

Thank you for the years I got to spend with you. You have now no more pain, no more "what will happen next" problems.

With lots of love,

Thomas, Jessica, Ginnie, Piggie, Gissa and Gucci

Like Thomas, I met him on another forum.

Don was a mentor and friend.

I will miss him greatly.

Even throughout his medical struggles, he strove for a normal life. And thought of others first.

Amazing man. And I feel blessed for having known him.

He always had a word of enrouragement, he was so kind and helpful to so many people, his influence will go on for years.

My sincerest condolences to his wife and family.

I am also very saddened by Don's passing. I knew he hadn't been well and I had noticed he was absent from the forum lately. As many have said, Don was very helpful - I found him to be a great teacher. He certainly will be missed at TCH.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

Rest in peace my friend.

Gail

I'm so sorry to hear about Don's passing. I've got to say he'll be missed around here -- he was always willing to give a hand and always able to do it with a smile (so to speak).

My condolences to his family and all his friends at TCH and to all the others who, like me, found Don to be a great online host.

This saddens me to no end and my heart goes out to his family. Don was one of the first people to say hello to me here. He did more than just greet me, he made me feel welcome and that I was someone.

Despite his ongoing battle he managed to support me though my very similar health struggles, helped me have hope and perhaps even renewed faith. Despite the geographic distant he was always close.

I will miss you Don. Be free.

I did not get to know Don very well beyond the occasional dialog but it was clear to anyone who spent more than a few moments as part of this community -- this family -- that Don was an inspirational man full of generosity and kindness of heart, respected and loved by many. Our payers and love are with you Don, rest in peace; may your family and loved ones find only an ounce of the courage you had so much of to persevere during this time of mourning.

Bless those who mourn, eternal God,

with the comfort of your love

that they may face each new day with hope.

Don will be missed. He was a moderator on my Lazarus forums. Now I guess I will have to do it. Just kidding.

I have had some good conversations with Don and he was always quick to correct me via PM if he thought doing so in public might be considered embarrassing.

See the turtle of enormous girth, upon his back he carries the Earth. Rest in peace Don.

Very sad. Don was one of the first to greet me into the family in '03 and I will miss him.

My prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace , Don.

I am saddened to read this unhappy news. Don was often the first to try to rescue me from myself when I became embroiled in a computer issue. I am appreciative of his efforts. My sincere sympathy to those of you who worked closely with him and to his family who will miss him greatly.

MM

I just couldn't believe it when I saw this in a banner at the end of a post in a signature. This is just so sad, seems like only the other day we were talking etc about my new site. God this is just terrible news, not just for his family who I realise will be saddened at his loss, but probably happy that his suffering is now over. Yes as Bill said it is like loosing a brother, a family member. Best to his family and there grieving time and to those that knew him well as well.

So sorry to hear of this. Although I did not know him except from reading the posts in the TCH forum, it is apparent by the comments here that he was a great asset to this community and a great guy.

Thoughts and prayers to his family...

I am so, so incredibly saddened to read this news and type with blurry eyes as I am crying. Don was such a wonderful soul. He loved so much and was so humble. What a spirit he has. I know that spirit is still floating around us, encouraging us, but it is a bit hard to swallow that he is not longer with us here on earth.

My heartfelt sympathy to everyone who knew and loved him.

I know he had battled cancer for so long, and he really helped me as my Mum is fighting cancer, and he was so positive and uplifting when I would message him about it all.

I really can't find words to express my sadness right now.

All i know is that he was one fine human and he will be missed very much.

RIP Don, you are truly and angel now.

I wish I had a happy reason to leave this posting. But I feel owe it all to my friend TURTLE, Don.. And one way to thank him one mre time is to share here the good things Ive learnt from him. In times of globalization , believe me , its not impossible to find a special friend far away, in this case, in another country. Turtle was my webdesign mentor he has thought me EVERYTHING and his generosity was even bigger.. he has given me part of his domain so I could have a website about my dogs. He used to say I dont use all that space , neither the band...and so I was able to get rid fo pop ups and windows and ads and everything with his help.. talk about a new language and Don was one of the pioneers to be interested about. Nevertheless, what has moved profoundly is that Don has never ever complaint about anything while I was always complaining about life obstacles...Don was a TEACHER of Life, Don was a Friend and abit of Father in our lives. As you may know Thanksgivign is a typical American holiday so Idotnhave this holiday inmy country....and I didnt leave a message... but I felt something odd lately because last Oct 12th I left a message on his webiste and got no response...Today checking his website http://cancer.tpgraphic.net I couldnt read anything since the end of Oct...and when I went to themessage board I read the sad news which no matter what to myself is always so hard to understand and to believe....because Don...he lives forever...he is heroe, a winner a very rare upright person to follow. No matter how many words I write I would not be able toexpress my sadness blended with gratitude. But now theres no more pain Amigo.. YOU ARE FREE... YOU ARE LIGHT and we cry for you ust like your kittens, homeless tials that will need someone special to help them...Turtle..THANK YOU AMIGO.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really sad news. I haven't been on the forums for a while.

Don was a really nice guy. Always helpful and always cheerful.

He was a welcoming presence on the forums and will be truly missed.

My condolences go out to the family of Don.

May he rest in peace and love.

I am very sorry to hear of the news that Don (aka Turtle) passed on. He was more then a friend... as he was a great inspiration to us all.

Don brought forth the many qualities in life that we all try to reach. ( a humanitarian, a soul searching religious Man, a caring and sensual man) among the many other strengths that he held.

To hear of his passing sad enough..

May God have mercy on his soul and may he rest in peace!

Robert M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love looking at Don's picture from this post.

I think that it really captures his personality and reminds me to keep a positive outlook on life. Don was a great man and I just wanted to say thanks again for all his help throughout the years! I'm sure he's smiling down at us from up there.

We miss ya Don! :)

I didn't see this until today. I'm so sorry to hear it. Don was extremely helpful to me with a guestbook problem I was having a couple years ago. He tenaciously kept at it until I had a solution. He was one of the things that really impressed me about TCH.

:thumbup1:

Don had helped me a time or two, but I was not on here enough to really get to know him. After reading what everyone has said about him I find myself feeling very sad and wishing that I would have taken that opportunity. I know it has been months since his passing and I just wandered back on to the forum over the past couple of days, but I hope his family is healing and that wherever he is, he knows that we think of him.

Fro what I have just read in the above posts it is evident that Don was extremely popular, and thus greatly missed.

Although he had helped me on a couple of occasions I was not privileged enough to know him sufficiently to call him a friend.

That was my loss. His passing is all of our loss.

To his friends and family- my deepest sympathy.

Wow, I have been away for a while and just logged on today and seen the In memory of graphic with his picture on it. I didn't know him other than some issues he helped me with but found his picture uplifting every time I seen it. My prayers are with his family.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news... I'm a very infrequent user of these forums but on the few instances that I did post on here usually with a question, Don replied to me... He was such a helpful chap with is offers of help or advice.

Plus I loved that photo of Don - the one with his wee dog. It's just so brilliant... a truly joyful photograph. It still brings a smile to my face. Although I didn't know Don, I can tell that he was loved here...

I shall remember him as he appears in this photo.

My thoughts go out to Don's family and to everyone here that held the fellow in such high regard!

Safe journey Don!

I also want to join the others in conveyin' my deepest sympathy to "Don's Personal Family". I do want to extend my condolences to the TCH Family, which Don was a part of. I can surely tell by the posted comments Don was one special guy, and he was thought of highly by so many!! When I joined this forum yesterday, I saw the banners displayin' "In Memory Of" and thought to myself, what a great bunch of folks that still honored him in this way. God Bless All of You who were fortunate enough to have known him and called him friend. His pleasant face told so much about him!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't say I really knew Don aside from him helping me out on a few occassions, but from what I've read, it seems like everyone lost a great person. I haven't been to the forum in a while and just found out today. Sorry to hear about all this.

• 1 month later...

And I, too, just saw this announcement. He seemed like the nicest person --- and certainly the most helpful and kind and literate, too, all of which kept me here when first I got a site on TCH. It was a pleasure, also, reading his posts helping others.

I love that picture of him and his dog and it stayed in my mind even though it's been a long time since I've come back to these forums. I feel as though I've lost a virtual friend. How odd that is!

Kind regards to his family.

Betsy

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...