scotlandview

Phpmotion - Vshare - Clip Share (youtube Lookalikes)

Hi all,

I think it's safe to post a question here about hosting of youtube lookalikes. I've done some extensive searching in the TCH forum and found almost nothing on this subject.

Ok here's my question. I am thinking of setting up a youtube like site on a small scale with small videoclips without having a dedicated server. I have read that the server will need some extra options (ffmpeg hosting). Does TCH offer a server(s) with these options or will you in the near future? I found some other hosting companies who offer it but I'm very happy with TCH and rather have you guys host this for me!

Any info will be welcome!

Ron

Edited by scotlandview

Welcome to the forums Ron :P

This is a server related question. Please open a ticket with the help desk and they can tell you if what you seek is installed or can be installed.

As for serving video on a shared server be warned that you can use up your alloted bandwidth quite quickly. And if the server requests cause high server loads your site will be suspended.

Welcome to the forums Ron :)

This is a server related question. Please open a ticket with the help desk and they can tell you if what you seek is installed or can be installed.

As for serving video on a shared server be warned that you can use up your alloted bandwidth quite quickly. And if the server requests cause high server loads your site will be suspended.

Thanks for the welcoming words Bruce and I will contact the help desk for my questions. :)

Welcome to the forum, Ron. :)

And thank you Thomas for the welcome. I know it's off topic but I would just like to let you all know that TCH is absolutely the best!! Keep up the good work :P