jhndeere

Forward Email To Domain

Greetings.

I'm not 100% sure of where to put this, but seems like most of the email queries are here.

Is it possible to setup a CronJob (or any other method) to have my hotmail email forwarded to my TCH domain email?

Thanks,

Jason

If you want your hotmail to go to any other address, there is a forwarder setting in hotmail to do this.

If you want the other way around, there are a forwarder option in your cpanel.

Thanks, unfortunatly hotmail settings/options was the first place I looked. For the version of hotmail that I seem to have it only allows forwarding to other hotmail accounts.

**I say the version I have, because some of my friends do the forward with their's to an outside domain and it works just fine.**

-J

I just checked my hotmail account and I can forward to any email address. I'm not paying for anything extra, just using the plain jane free account.

Bruce,

For a moment you had me smiling, thinking that maybe they had changed something at Hotamail. I just checked it out again and as soon as I hit "save" on the forwarding I get a nice little:

<You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, or live.com. Please try again.>

Guess it's just me they don't like...

Thanks,

-j

Are you using the classic interface or the new live interface? I use the live interface and I can forward to anywhere.

My account with the new live interface can't forward to non hotmail/msn accounts either. As a matter of fact, it even says so right on the page where you set up the forwards.

Forwarding

You can forward your mail to one other e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or custom domains. You'll receive an e-mail at that address asking you to verify your account.

Maybe Bruce has gotten grandfathered in or something?

Edited by click

This seems to be correct, click.

I tried this and on the forwarding page it says what you quote.

Note that it says "You can forward your mail to...custom domains".

Then when I hit save it says I can not. 2 messages that says against each other.

I'm not sure, but I think "custom domains" are similar to google apps, where hotmail manages your domain's email.

We have a solution! Since this forwarding seems to work for Bruce, "click" and I will have our email forwarded to Bruce, who can then have it forwarded to our Domains......

I'm using Hotmail Live and have one of the early accounts too ('90 or '91 and it still lets me log in with a 4 character password), but my kids aren't quite old enough yet to have kids so I have to wait a few more years to be "Grandfathered in".

Seriously though this is odd, oh well... I do have a piece of Pearl that I run every morning that gets the mail from hotmail and forwards it to my domain. I was just trying to avoid this double handling (downloads it to upload to that I can download it again later).

Off to other little things I want to try and fix now.

Thanks,

-J

We have a solution! Since this forwarding seems to work for Bruce, "click" and I will have our email forwarded to Bruce, who can then have it forwarded to our Domains......

HA HA HA! :lol2: