If Anyones Interested?

Digirunt

This is the first draft of my business plan http://www.saint52.com/other/bp.pdf

If anyones interested have a scout and let me know what you think.

Theres load of mistakes [grammar etc.] and I still need to add bits but I've had enough for tonight.

PDF conversions a bit loose, actual product is formatted slightly better and contains other images etc.

L8tr

:D

Well, my first comment is good luck, you have the basis for a good business there from the plan. B)

The big area that's missing from the plan at the moment is the financial side - but I wouldn't suggest that you put that on the web anyway. In the plan as you have it the figures are not consistant, and the thing that will be a real problem is, like all businesses, cash flow. I can only suggest that you take a very careful look at it.

If you like I will take a brief look if you want to send me a private copy.

Andy

Cheers Andy,

I have done a cash flow and a profit and loss sheet but like you say i didn't want to post it cos it contained personal finance info alike.

The plans got another day of editing and after I'm happy I'll drop you a copy.

If you send me an address I'll send you some free films If you like, that is if you still use real cameras now digitals takin over.

Thanks for advice.

I'll keep you posted.

B)

I was told last year I should write a business plan. I read books. I wrote one up. It made me feel good for a while.

Thing is, I don't get the use of the thing. Yeah, okay, it lets me get a better idea of what I'm doing and where I'm going, but I could have done that in many different ways.

Why is a business plan so important? Why do people write them?

LunarMagic,

Personally I only ever right business plans for 2 reasons (I've written quiet a few in my time).

The first is because I require money for my business and I wish to persuade someone that I'm a good investment. I need a document to help persuade them. It isn't the only thing that persuades people to invest in you, but it can contain all the information they need.

The second reason is far more personally focused. I want to check that I am clear about the direction I want for the business, that I have looked at all the strengths and weaknesses, and that I'm not ignoring some major fault because I'm looking at it through "rose tinted spectacles" as we would say over here. In other words, is it a sound investment for me. Is it what I want to do. This can be a very different document to the first, although much of the information you need to look at is the same.

Just my 2 cents as to why I write them.

Andy

It's not only for the perusal of potential investors. It's a great 'portfolio' addition when pitching for a big contract job, etc. I know there have been several of my clients that were more eager to share my bid with their Board of Directors because they could see the time and effort I'd spent on my own business...Just gives them a little more confidence that I'm in it for the long-haul. It just makes you look a bit more polished also.

:lol:

Thanks for the interest guys and cool tips,

The plan has been finished although I've not posted it because it's a mixture of loads of files which I havn't collated.

I went to a meeting with the WDA [Welsh Development Agency] yesterday and they have approved our project for funding. . .Grants no less. . :unsure:

Only problem now is premesise.

I'll keep you posted on my progess.

Thumbs Up

Thats cool, thanks lstover.

I have several parts some word docs, some excel docs and some on paper.

I might combine what I have though to make a PDF file later though.

thanks for the cool link, have downloaded it and will give it a blast later

:D

You're welcome! I paid the 19.95 for the suite I liked it so much. (yes, I register/pay for all of my shareware and trials.... :))

I found that the best part of having PDF writing tools is the ability for me to email a proposal, estimate or bill to a client without the worries of having it 'altered' by them. We all learn from our mistakes. I once sent a proposal/contract to a client and was mailed back a signed copy of a contract that had been altered by them! Needless to say, I don't do business with them now, but had to pay my lawyer a pretty penny or two to send out a letter of contract dissolution. Everything I send out now is in PDF and protect myself further by faxing the identical document to them. Gads, all that pains because of the few bad apples!