Retrieving Mail After Transfer?

Greetings -

I recently transferred hosting of my domain to another provider.

No problem with TCH's hosting, but I wanted to add a few more URLs, and TCH's least costly offering was a reseller account. At $20/month (an unpleasant five-fold increase of my $4/month Starter plan), this is 2-3 times the cost from other reputable vendors.

My question -- is it possible to log into the old Server to check via cPanel whether any mail arrived after the sweep of files from TCH to my new host, but before the nameServer redirection kicked in?

Thanks kindly.

- Richard (www.oldWithoutMoney.com)

Edited by expatCanuck

Hi Richard, welcome to the forums :)

As Don says you can login to the cpanel using the old IP address. You can also log into the old webmail the same way.

If you want to use your mail client - just set the host name to the old IP address, and that should also work.

In terms of multiple accounts - If you want them all to display the same files - just ask us to park the new domain names for you - it's free.

Welcome to the forums Richard :)

If you have the IP address of your server you log into your cpanel like this

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cpanel

Hi Richard, welcome to the forums :)

As Don says you can login to the cpanel using the old IP address. You can also log into the old webmail the same way.

If you want to use your mail client - just set the host name to the old IP address, and that should also work.

In terms of multiple accounts - If you want them all to display the same files - just ask us to park the new domain names for you - it's free.

Don / Andy -

Thanks for the remarkably prompt replies. I don't suppose there's a way to determine what the old IP address is? I've still got the domain name registered through TCH.

Thanks again.

- Richard

Edited by expatCanuck

The IP address should be mentioned in the welcome email that was sent to you when your hosting account was setup here. If you don't have it, please post a ticket to the support department using the help desk link given on the top menu. If the hosting account is still active, we would be able to give you the IP address.