My Forums Are Gone!

jamestl2

I was cleaning up my fantastico panel and realized I still had an old SMF forum installed on it. I deleted it, but then it affected my current forums I had installed (with vbulletin). Removing the SMF download also deleted my entire forum path (even though SMF had nothing else to do with my vbulletin forums).

I had no idea removing that the download would wipe my entire forum URL path clean, it is all gone. Is there any way for me to get all my current vbulletin forum information back?

Sounds like it´s time to submit a ticket and ask the help desk if they have a backup from which they can restore it for you, unless you have a backup yourself. If so, upload it to your server and tell the techs where you put it and its name and they can restore it.

If you don´t have a backup, I would suggest doing one right away through the cpanel after the trip to the helpdesk in case of an emergency in the future and also put it as a routine in making a backup every week or so, plus check the Backup info thread.

I'm unsure if I have a backup. I backed up my vBulletin database, apart from the fact that it is still in the mySQL database. Is this the right type of backup being asked about? When I open my ticket, should I upload the correct backup to the server first? (If I have it, that is.)

Or is this related to my vBulletin license backup, which I still have on my computer (without all my custom changes), rather than the DB backup?

If all files regarding your forum is gone, you would need to restore both the forum files (php files) and its database.

Both are downloaded/backed up through cpanels backup section. If you have not gone through this backup section I would think you do not have a back up.

If you open a ticket, we'll check our backups for you.

I don't think I ever did anything with the "forum files (php files)". As the ticket helps me with my problem, that brings me on how to create this forum files backup. I don't think I was ever informed on how to do so, so where would I go to back these extra files up? Does it have something to do with the mySQL database, the vBulletin Admin CP, or where?

Easiest way to make a backup of the forum files would be to go to the backup section cpanel and make a "home" backup. That would include *every single file in your account.

* = Atleast those needed for everyday work. There are a few files that will not be in this backup but they are not necessary unless moving to new server etc.