MoonFaery

Email Problem

It is weird.. I get my email thru OE.. and it usually works.. but for some reason, it seems like it has been going down more often in the last week or so. And it isn't my internet connection because my ISP email comes thru and I can pull up webpages. I know it works, but has its moments for about an hour or so.

The error I get with OE is:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'angie@MYDOMAIN', Server: 'mail.MYDOMAIN', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

It won't work for a while, then it starts working.. then a day or two later it does the same thing :)

According to Microsoft this can happen for several reasons, one of them are a corrupt e-mail profile and another is a problem with the firewall.

Please see if this MS article helps.

According to Microsoft this can happen for several reasons, one of them are a corrupt e-mail profile and another is a problem with the firewall.

Please see if this MS article helps.

Would it still randomly work tho? For the most part it works, maybe 90% of the time. Then it stops and the only emails that seem to be affected thru OE are the ones connected to my domains.. My ISP emails pull thru OE just fine.

In the Webhost Manager.. why is this "Disk /dev/hda1 (/boot) DMA+" yellow and everything green? Does that have anything to do with it?

I know I should fix it, but for the time being I have also switched my email over to Thunderbird since I've been using Firefox as well :) It must be the OE since it seems to be working ok with Thunderbird, but I just installed it so I will see. Thank you for the help!

So far so good.. but now I am having another problem I did with OE. When I had the problem with OE, I changed the port to 26 and it helped, but I can't figure out how to do it with Thunderbird. Any suggestions? It is to send email. I looked to see if I could change the port, but can't find where it would be.

In looking at a Google search for 'Thunderbird SMTP port' it looks like you should be able to change the port in the Tools menu under Account Settings. There should be an Outgoing Server option and it would allow changing the settings. I just checked on a copy of Thunderbird Portable that I have installed and if you go to Tools/Account Settings and then Choose Outgoing server. From there click on Edit with the server address selected and there is a place to change the port to 26.