erisande

Problems Sending Email With Thunderbird/eudora

Hello!

I have been attempting to set up my new computer to be able ot get email from my account on TCH. I don't have issues with my old computer, but I can't seem to get it to work with the same settings. I have attempted to use Eudora and Thunderbird and have read the settings given in CPanel. Has anyone else had issues with this?

I don't want to open a ticket if I don't have to, and I am not sure they will be able to help any more than you wonderful people out there.

Thanks!

BTW: I can RECEIVE email using both, but just can't SEND.

Edited by erisande

You should be sure that the ports for sending are the same. If you can't send but can receive it is most often due to your ISP blocking port 25. Try port 26 instead for the SMTP port.

If it was previously working and has now stopped please open a ticket with the help desk.

Ok... Found an oddity (to me). If I set it to send as SSL, it will not, but TLS setting will. Let me try setting up the computer I need this email on tomorrow, and I will let you know.

Thanks!