Wordpress Error - Can’t Select Database

So I've searched the forums and haven't found the answer for this yet and have also checked the wordpress forums, so I'm not just asking without doing research. But after setting up a database as described here: http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/wordpress.html I cannot get my blog to display at all.

If I do assign a user to the database I get this error:

Warning: main(/home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-includes/cache.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-includes/cache.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 128

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-includes/cache.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cpanelname/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 128

Currently this is the error I am receiving [without any users in the database]: http://www.djevs.com/blog/

I've already modified the wp-config.php file with this:

define('DB_NAME', 'cpanelname_databasename'); // The name of the database

define('DB_USER', 'cpanelname_databaseusername'); // Your MySQL username

define('DB_PASSWORD', '********'); // ...and password

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

define('DB_COLLATE', '');

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TCH-Thomas
Edited out sensitive information

Is this a new install of Wordpress?

Did you install this manually? Or through Fantastico?

If you installed with Fantastico it would have created a database for you and created a user to access the database.

If you install manually, you need to create a database, create a user and add the user to the database.

Detailed Installation Instructions

This is a fresh install due to my last version of WP not allowing me to delete posts, which I tried everything to resolve that and no luck, so I figured a re-install would fix it.

I installed this manually, I went into my cpanel and created a database, however after I created a user and then added them to the database is when I get the weird error stated above. If I don't add a user it gives me this: http://www.djevs.com/blog/

Yes that is why I am confused as I have checked over and over and all of the info is correct. I'll even set up a new database and create a new user and still get the same errors.

In the wp-config.php file I've even put djevscm_ before the name of the database and MySQL username and still get the same errors.

Since it's a new installation why not delete the databases and users you have created? Delete the Wordpress files and use the installer within Fantastico to install a new copy.

Or else you will have to open a help desk ticket and ask the techs for some assistance getting what you have working.

If I do assign a user to the database I get this error:

It appears you had the database portion working (you *should* have the user assigned to the database). But when you did it failed because you are missing the cache.php file in your installation. Check your installation because it appears at least one file failed to get installed properly (cache.php in the wp-includes directory).

It appears you had the database portion working (you *should* have the user assigned to the database). But when you did it failed because you are missing the cache.php file in your installation. Check your installation because it appears at least one file failed to get installed properly (cache.php in the wp-includes directory).

Ah ok, yeah I kept losing connection when uploading the files and when checking to see if all of them made it I guess I overlooked that one. Thanks for the help guys!