Sign in to follow this  
qman

Question About Identity Disclosure

I have had a web page with Total Choice for going on 5 years.

I am thinking about starting a new one that would mostly consist of a bullitin board.

Is there a way to have a web site and keep my identity a complete secret?

There would be nothing bizarre or immoral about the second one.

Thanks

Qman

When you purchase the domain name, you will need to opt for the privacy ( domains by proxy) so that your contact details are not available.

From the hosting side, your information will be kept private - our AuP states;

TotalChoice Hosting has a policy to respect and protect the privacy of its customers and their information that is stored with TotalChoice Hosting. TotalChoice Hosting will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to provide the TotalChoice Hosting Services, to operate or maintain its systems or to protect itself or its customers.

So as long as what you are doing is legal, so we don't get asked for it by the appropriate authorities, then your information is kept private.

When you purchase the domain name, you will need to opt for the privacy ( domains by proxy) so that your contact details are not available.

From the hosting side, your information will be kept private - our AuP states;

TotalChoice Hosting has a policy to respect and protect the privacy of its customers and their information that is stored with TotalChoice Hosting. TotalChoice Hosting will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to provide the TotalChoice Hosting Services, to operate or maintain its systems or to protect itself or its customers.

So as long as what you are doing is legal, so we don't get asked for it by the appropriate authorities, then your information is kept private.

Two more questions:

I have the domain name and it is by proxy. Do I set it up with TotalChoice the same as the regular way?

From the hosting side, is everything with TotalChoice automatically private or do I have to request that it is private?

James

I have the domain name and it is by proxy. Do I set it up with TotalChoice the same as the regular way?

Yes, set it up in the regular way.

From the hosting side, is everything with TotalChoice automatically private or do I have to request that it is private?
It's private by default. You don't have to do anything different.