Exporting Database Records

I'm trying to duplicate a mysql database. I've got the new database tables set up but I can't figure out how to get the data into the tables. The export function doesn't seem to include the records within the database, just the tables.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might have.

Thanks!

Hi Valerie,

You can take a complete backup of the database from cpanel ( structure and content) in the backups section.

Are you trying to get just a complete copy of the same database ( just on a different name) ? Or just upload some of the tables ?

Are you trying to get just a complete copy of the same database ( just on a different name) ? Or just upload some of the tables ?

Hi. I'm trying to get a complete copy of the same database just with a different name.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

To backup a database, please do the following:

1) Log in to your cpanel

2) Scroll down until you see an icon named "Backups" and click it

3) On the next page you should see "Download a MySQL Database Backup" and under it your databases are listed

4) Click the link for the database you want to download which will be downloaded to your computer

To restore this database it is best to submit a ticket and ask the techs to do it.