No Longer Receiving Email

jackaroo

I have been successfully using two database backup schemes concurrently for some time. One is dbsender.php, the other is automysqlbackup.sh. As of July 20, 2007, I no longer receive my backup file from dbsender.php, nor do I receive my notification of backup result from automysqlbackup.sh. The automysqlbackup.sh script however is continuing to write backups to my home directory. My email address, spam filters, have remained unchanged. Can you help?

Thanks,

Jack

Two things that comes to mind to check/try is

1) have you tried sending the backup to another address to see if that works (ie if using gmail now, then try yahoo, hotmail or something else).

2) most email providers have a size limit on incoming emails. Are the attachment bigger than the providers size limit?

Two things that comes to mind to check/try is

1) have you tried sending the backup to another address to see if that works (ie if using gmail now, then try yahoo, hotmail or something else).

2) most email providers have a size limit on incoming emails. Are the attachment bigger than the providers size limit?

I tried with a hotmail account as you suggested, without success.

The automysqlbackup script is only configured to send a notification by email (which isn't happening anymore), not an attached backup file, so I dont think file size (150 KB) is the issue.

Is it possible that on July 20, something changed on your end that no longer makes the php mail function accessible from above the public_html directory?

Thanks,

Jack

I have dbsender sending me seven database backups each night from three different servers. Smallest is 150k and largest is about 4mb and I'm not having any issues they are all working.

I have not tried the second script mentioned but as Thomas stated, please open a ticket and have the techs have a look.

As for the mail server change I do not think that is the cause as it is only sending an email attachment and the maildir/mbox format would not make a difference.