JTD

New Cpanel?

Ok I cannot find anything on this new look or whatever it is. But when did the cpanel change??? Picture below.

post-7580-1185626207_thumb.jpg

I knew it was going to be changed but didn't know any had been already. This is the latest cPanel and all servers will get it eventually.

That is the latest version of cPanel and you are on the first server that we upgraded. We will be slowly moving all servers to this version over the next few weeks.

The new theme is a much better layout than the previous versions since you can select the style and layout. If you are unsure of anything the help link is now page specific and there is also the included video tutorials.

Other than a different look/feel, are there any new features worth mentioning?

Is there a rollout plan that we can see to determine when our server will be changed?

Did the new one *just* come up on server 70? I just had a terrified few moments that I'd messed something up when my Cpanel wouldn't come up!

....after I re-entered the addy, it's working, and on that new one... *still confoosled as usual*

They have been rolling it out for a while. Please see Andys announcement here.

I haven't been around for a while.. .thanks. This is what I get for hiding from life in WoW :)

Love the new cpanel, thanks TCH...question tho. I went into the new file manager for the first time and selected the WRONG directory to "always open" - and of course checked the box to not be asked again. How do I change that? Via ticket? -kj-

Love the new cpanel, thanks TCH...question tho. I went into the new file manager for the first time and selected the WRONG directory to "always open" - and of course checked the box to not be asked again. How do I change that? Via ticket? -kj-

Just delete /home/username/.cpanel/nvdata/optionselect_filemanager and then log out of cPanel.

Log back in and open the file manager and select your new options.

*note: if you can not see the directory ".cpanel" then you did not select the option "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)". You will then need to use the legacy file manager or FTP to remove optionselect_filemanager

You can also just edit the file directly.

If you are wanting it to open to public_html just change /home/username/.cpanel/nvdata/optionselect_filemanager to

>webroot:yourTCHsite.com:1:1

Another question about the new cPanel. When mine comes up you quickly see the Server Number but then it goes away. It says Welcome to Server XXX then that pane disappears. WHY does it not stay so you can see it?? I know my server number but I think this issue needs to be addressed. A page refreash gives you the quick look as well but it then disappears.

Lee

While you don´t say how quickly it goes away, I just tried this and while I only had cpanel open for a couple of minutes, it did not go away for me.

Thomas

It goes away in a mater of a second or less.

Lee

Where Lee? Check mid-way down the left side of the interface. It should be visible at all times.

Bruce you are correct, but what I am talking about is above the STATS column and is titles "Notices" and it says "Welcome to serverxxx" and then disappears. Should this Notices area stay or is it supposed to disappear as it does. Does not leave much time to read whats in there.

Just currious.

Lee

No the notices should not stay as we don't have them fully set up for the new cPanel. They will be cleared soon as there is no longer a need to list the server # that way.

Thanks for the answer.

Lee

Just delete /home/username/.cpanel/nvdata/optionselect_filemanager and then log out of cPanel.

Log back in and open the file manager and select your new options.

*note: if you can not see the directory ".cpanel" then you did not select the option "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)". You will then need to use the legacy file manager or FTP to remove optionselect_filemanager

You can also just edit the file directly.

If you are wanting it to open to public_html just change /home/username/.cpanel/nvdata/optionselect_filemanager to

>webroot:yourTCHsite.com:1:1

I have the same trouble as kjarret, and I deleted the file through the legacy file manager. I logged out and back in, but my file manager still offers me no choice. I checked to make sure the file was gone, and it is. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for bringing this topic up again, as you no longer have to go trough the process I previously posted.

There is now a link at the bottom of your cPanel to correct this, just scroll down and click on "reset all interface settings". This should clear any custom settings you have made.