Backup Your Firefox Profile

TCH-Thomas

FEBE allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up -- It will actually rebuild your extensions individually into installable .xpi files. Now you can easily synchronize your office and home browsers.

FEBE backs up your extensions, themes, and (optionally) your bookmarks, preferences, cookies. and much more.

That is from their site to be honest. :)

Earlier today, my firefox crashed. When I opened it again, I noticed everything was a complete mess. All extensions were still there but showing their default stuff, not how I had customized their settings.

All other things, bookmarks and other customized settings were gone.

Since I have moved my profile folder to another location I checked the profile.ini if the path had somehow gone wrong even though the extensions were working. The path were correct, but still all was a mess.

Time to see if the restore option in FEBE really works. It did!

Within minutes, I had my bookmarks and customized settings back.

If you are using Firefox, do yourself a favour and get FEBE and schedule it to make backups of your profile or individual settings and you will not need to spend too much time to have your firefox running again if it crash or doing some other evil things for you. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Good tip Thomas and glad it worked for you. B)

I recently purchased a new PC and use FEBE to make backups of my old Firefox settings. Everything transferred to the new PC except my passwords. When I tried it, it looked like they were there in the raw files, but Firefox wouldn't recognize them. In fact, after restoring them, Firefox would no longer save any new passwords. I've got it all sorted out now, but if you use FEBE, be forewarned.

Regards,

Dan

That´s weird.

I have not used for transferring to a new computer but backing up passwords to use on the same computer worked perfectly for me.

Not sure this is related to your problem, but worth checking out: http://www.customsoftwareconsult.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=694

Edited by TCH-Thomas