Stupid Movie Release Dates

carbonize

Ok here I am sat waiting for the Transformers movie. Yes I am a geek, I actually had the original comics from issue 1. Anyway I see the July 4th date being touted on the website and posters so I think 'Great, I'm off that weekend'. So imagine my disgust when I go to prebook my tickets only to find it wont be released here in the UK until July 27th!

Apparently it is already out in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong) and it comes out in the Netherlands the same time it's coming out in the States so what gives?

As it states on hxxp://www.transformersthemovie.com/NewsItem.asp?Ref=1336

OK UK Transformers fans, the date you all wanted, but not the right answer. UIP have announced the date for the Transformers movie as 27th July, over 3 weeks after the premier in North America. This is after The Philippines, Germany, Austria, USA, Belgium, France and The Netherlands.

Yep it is on here in Australia. Well the occasional one starting before the rest of most of the world is not a common occurrence here.

I am a nerd waiting for the 5th Harry Potter movie opened July 2 in Japan but doesn't arrive in the USA until July 11.

:) Why open in the middle of the week??? Like you, I find it frustrating that other people have the chance to see the movie way ahead of us. (Having read the books, I am looking forward to the last book arriving later in July too.)

Nah still not the same. Unless your home theatre system has a 30' screen, over priced popcorn, a sticky floor and someone sat there who wont shut up?

What someone like you carb. :rules: I think I will wait also. Do you know just how many little screaming rugrats will show up to watch this movie! :wacko:

Edited by JTD

The Warner Bros cinemas over here (now called Vue for some reason) has special showings that are adults only because of such things :rules:

I admit some cinemas are always adults only but thats a different matter and we wont say why THEIR floors are sticky.

Usually I'd prefer to watch a film at home but I feel that this film is one that is best seen on a huge screen with proper surround sound and audio that is so loud and bassy it makes your stomach churn.

I don't go to the theatre very often but I did go out last night to see Transformers. It was well worth the trip and this is definitely a movie you must see in the theatre.

What someone like you carb. :) I think I will wait also. Do you know just how many little screaming rugrats will show up to watch this movie! :wacko:

It's usually not the kids, in fact I took my 3 with me and the kid to adult ratio in the theatre was 2:1, however, the adults made more noise than the kids.

I'm with carbonize one this one, it's not the same experience without the sticky floors and someone that won't shut up.

Well I went and saw the new Die Hard movie. Very very few kids if any. And Bruce kicked some major arse. In my opinion this has got to be the best out of the 4 die hard movies. None stop action from the beginning to the end. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: