Email

reddwine

I never come to this site so I have no idea how to find anything. But, Im trying to find out what my email name would be. Im trying to set up a Group emailing and its asking for information I dont have. Where would I find out what my email address is?

Have you set up any email addresses through cpanel yet?

If not it would be your_cpanel_username_@your_tch-hosted_domain.com which I would strongly recommend not to use.

Instead log in to cpanel:

click the email icon and set up real email accounts,

then click "default address" (in the email section), set the default address to :fail: (note the colons).

Then finally still in email section click "Spamassassin" and enable it.

If you want, enable spam box (in spamassassin section) but I would not recommend it.

Ok, I'm going to answer operating on two assumptions: first that you are a TCH customer and this relates to your TCH account, and second that you have logged into cPanel and are wondering how to set up a mailing list. If either of these assumptions are faulty, correct me so we can give you the correct information.

To set up a mailing list, log into cPanel. The first icon is Mail. Click it.

The seventh option on the ensuing screen is Mailing Lists. Click it.

The Mailing List Maintenance screen is displayed. Likely you'll have no lists, since you are asking about how to create one.

Click the [ Add Mailing List ] link.

On the next screen, you need to create the name of the list (e.g. Family Members List) and give the list an administrative password. This password will be required to access the admin section of the list maintenance pages. You also have to associate the list with a domain (if you have multiple domains on your account (i.e., if you have a reseller account, or if you want the list to reside on a subdomain in your account, or if you have domains parked on your account).

Click the Create button.

The list will be created. Click the [ Go Back ] link. You will be taken back to the Mailing List Maintenance page.

Click the Edit link next to your new mailing list.

You now have to enter the administrative password that you created a couple of steps ago. Enter it and click the "Let Me In..." button.

You can now administer the list.

If you are looking for something else, please let us know and we'll try to help.

My computer crashed and I dont have the information I need to set up a Group emailing.

I joined two years ago, and I want the welcome e-mail with my user id, password, email address and relevant information for my account.

For that you'll need to open a help desk ticket (see link at top of forum).

If you don't know your cPanel username and password, use "none" in those fields. The support staff will have to verify additional information before they will be able to release your information to you.