Problem Solved, Opportunities Gained. Tch Rocks.

I've been a loyal and quite happy TCH customer for almost four and a half years. For the first time I have to say I'm not impressed.

The hosting, server maintenance, security, responsiveness, Help Desk, ... - all those things are and have always been stellar. The techs are great, the gurus wonderful, moderators friendly and helpful, and the Help Desk folk responsive and patient.

After 4.5 years of automatic payments, with periodic upgrades of service and consequent increases in payment amounts, my CC - the same one I've been using for all this time - rolled over to a new contract period and the expiration date changed. And (my fault) I forgot that TCH would have to be informed of the change. So of course there was a problem with the automatic billing. All as it should be.

<rant>

Did I receive any notice of the problem? A question? An email? An opportunity to respond and rectify the problem? No. I woke to find my account Suspended. The response to my Help Desk ticket included a link to a payment page - which had only the option of payment for a quite different service than the one I have. And no warning that I would be required to log in and make more payments before my account would be re-activated. All computer generated responses with no human intelligence included.

I should have known that only the computers would be paying attention in this computer age. Computers can only do what they are told to do, and certainly no programmer can prepare for all outcomes.

Most of us in this community make at least some part of our income from Computers. Good thing, in general. But where are the Human Beings when it comes to customer relations?

</rant>

I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but the billing system should have sent emails to the email address that was on record for your billing account. Are you sure your billing email address is current?

The email address you had on the billing system from 4.5 years ago was different to the one you opened a ticket with - and communicated with the help desk via ;) I checked that email notification did go out (although I can't confirm it arrived, got caught in spam filters ...).

PM me if you want the details (I don't want to post email addresses etc. here).

as it is clear to me the error was not on our part. I also checked the email address in your billing and it is not the same as your help desk ticket.

We can only do so much to help the client in these cases.

I am glad to see you got things worked out. I hope you will continue to reccomend TCH to your friends and family etc.

Bill

I will continue to recommend TCH. No better hosting anywhere. However I'm not happy that you saw fit to edit the subject of this thread. The email associated with my account receives message from TCH regularly, and to the best of my knowledge none have been marked as spam. No message about a problem with my billing showed up. I continue unimpressed with that aspect of things. By editing the subject of this thread you misrepresent me. If you don't want anyone to see a less than perfect opinion on the board, just delete it. I've always been and continue to be impressed by you, Bill. This is not up to your usual standard.

Edited by btrfld

hmm ive not edited anything there Jim. Not sure what your talking about? Either way I am glad to see things got worked out for you.

I would suggest changing your billing email address to the same one u used for your help desk tickets ;)

No need to beat a dead horse here however.

Bill

Just to close this conversation out:

I may very well have been at fault in the problem I had. I can't offer clear evidence either way. In any case, I'm much more aware now of my own responsibility to keep my billing information current.

In all my conversations about this matter the TCH people have been professional, helpful, knowledgeable and patient. I continue to admire the way business is done here and the commitment Bill and all the family have to their customers. I offer my apologies if I was rude to anyone in my disgruntlement. I would heartily recommend TotalChoice to anyone.

In a previous post I complained that (I thought) someone had changed the subject of this thread. If it were in my power to re-title it myself I would do so now: Problem Solved, Opportunities Gained. TCH Rocks.

Thanks, Bill. Thanks, everyone.

Still a Happy Customer. ;)