Cpanel 11

Late June, Early July I'd expect you'll start seeing cPanell 11 get rolled out here. Not any earlier. cPanel themselves has the stable release scheduled for June 26th, but that's already slipped a couple times.

Edited by TCH-MikeJ
Corrected release date as heyguy pointed out.

We have already begun testing cPanel11 in anticipation of the stable release and we will not make the move until they release a stable version. As Mike and heyguy were saying there is no firm date and this latest release date is the third delay since they have been publishing the cPanel11 release schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as stage 1 entered the Release branch today, there's been a lot of commotion on the cPanel forums, especially from those that didn't realize their servers were set for auto-update.

Is TCH testing the Edge branch with the EA3 changes? That looks like the most "fun" A lot of good things in it though.

Seeing as stage 1 entered the Release branch today, there's been a lot of commotion on the cPanel forums, especially from those that didn't realize their servers were set for auto-update.

Most likely they didn't "prep" their servers properly for cP11, especially if they didn't realize their servers were set to auto-update (meaning they don't very actively administrate them). I have a personal server I was running on CURRENT for awhile and one I'm running on RELEASE. The update on the RELEASE one went pretty smoothly (between prepping everything properly and testing things on the CURRENT server, I was ready for it), with only minor non-critical problems at best and were easily corrected.

I haven't personally messed with EDGE, but I know some of the guys at TCH have been testing out cP11 for awhile.

Yeah, there was a lot of commotion when it got pushed out to CURRENT too, and there will be commotion again when it goes to STABLE. That's what happens when admins aren't paying attention.

I've been running EDGE since 11 was pushed out for CURRENT, so maybe a month or more. There have been a few hiccups but nothing major considering. At the moment I'm on 11.5.20-E13361 and all is quiet on the western front. Knock on wood.

The commotion of going to Current was minor compared to Release. More people tend to run Release than any other branch. A lot of nice little problems popped up, even for those that did prep their servers for the upgrade. The only show-stopper I've seen at this point (with Release) is a problem where /scripts was being updated, but nothing else. Seems something outside of cPanel was awry and causing some systems to be some strange mix of cPanel 10 and 11 ;)

Edge is lots of fun though, I agree. There's a lot of things in EA3 that are really good (once the httpd.conf business is fully resolved), it's much better, simpler in many ways, than EA2 was, and trounces EA1 soundly :D