Template Express - Installation Error

kahill

I used Fantastico to try to install a website Template from Template Express. At first, when trying to install, I got the message that pubic_html should not exist in the root directory. I renamed the folder. Then, after running installation, I received the following error messages:

Warning: fopen(/home/MYDOMAIN/public_html/fantastico_fileslist.txt): failed to open stream: Not a directory in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 90

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 93

The 2nd warning appeared 11 times after installation failed under the first paragraph warning message.

I tried to find support online, but could not find a reliable source.

I had used this fantastico / Templates Express before the recent server changes with no issues - the installation performed properly.

I know it states that there is no support for this through TCH - but I'm just fishing for answers in case someone else understands what is happening and might be able to provide a simple fix to facilitate installation.

It does not put me in a "real bind", but I did like the feature when it worked ;)

Edited by kahill

I'd open a ticket at the help desk ;)

You shouldn't have needed to remove the public_html - that's a vital directory, and if you've deleted / recreated / moved it - then it will probably have the wrong permissions on it, and the www alias also won't work - so I'd go for the ticket, and ask us to take a look.

I'd open a ticket at the help desk :)

You shouldn't have needed to remove the public_html - that's a vital directory, and if you've deleted / recreated / moved it - then it will probably have the wrong permissions on it, and the www alias also won't work - so I'd go for the ticket, and ask us to take a look.

Thanks, Andy. I knew public_html was a necessary folder and it confused me too when the installation process stated "it should not already exist" and indicated it should be removed; that the installation would "create" it.

Odd. ;)

thanks again, Andy.