How Backup Cronjob Delete/overwrite .tar.gz Files

:) Back from the crypt,

I asked this question on another thread but got no replies, so maybe a new thread on this topic may stir more dialogue.

How can backup cron job, referenced in above link, delete all but most recent backup to eliminate need to manually delete older backups to save webserver disk space? The cron job referenced creates a backup named as below on a daily basis and locates the backup at webserver root:

backup-12.30.2006_03-30-03_cpanelid.tar.gz ; over time disk space is filled up and older backups have to be deleted manually.

Since no one answered your original question (the one you linked to) I would assume there is no one who knows if what you originally wanted to do is possible.

Why you want the backup stored in your account? If the server crash or is down for any reason you have no access to the backup.

Instead I would look in to either this or this solution (depending on your needs) and have it emailed to lets say a gmail address.

Why you want the backup stored in your account? If the server crash or is down for any reason you have no access to the backup. ?
because it is quick and easy.

Instead I would look in to either this or this solution (depending on your needs) and have it emailed to lets say a gmail address.
Is the omicron solution slightly better ?