Googlebot & Message Boards.

I hear that google ranks your page by the number of 'hard links' to your site from other sites. I've had a link to my site on this message board and another that i frequent for quite some time now. Wouldnt every post i make on these message boards increase the number of said hard links to my site, seeing as my link is attatched to every post i make?

I do not like the term 'hardlinks'. I like to break links up into more descriptive groupings whose contributions affect the linked page differently. I would recommend reviewing Link Structure - Hyperlinks and the Importance of Link Structure

I hear that Google ranks your page by the number of 'hard links' to your site from other sites.

The number of inbound links is one (important) factor affecting PageRank. PageRank is one (important) factor affecting Google page rank. PageRank and page rank are not the same thing.

I would refer you to reviewing Search Engine Optimization - Google Elaboration

Hope this helps.

Oh, I did not really answer your question. Sorry.

Yes, once a thread is indexed within our forum it will 'feed' PageRank to any corresponding hyperlinked pages. Keep in mind though, if someone were to manipulate this 'feature' we would consider it spamming and would thus be inclined to alter our policy.

Keep in mind though, if someone were to manipulate this 'feature' we would consider it spamming and would thus be inclined to alter our policy.

I'm not trying to manipulate anything, I just visit this board, and another board, and i have a link to my site in my signature on both boards. My little way to promote my site.