Credit Card Processing

Ayman_

Here are some links to third party processors.

These are the guys who handle your credit card processing and leave you out of it. Great thing is no hassel. You pay more per transaction, but its sure sweet to let them handle it all.

www.2checkout.com

www.paysysytems.com

www.worldpay.com

www.paypal.com (beware)

Good luck.

I can tell you that we use http:www.paysystems.com and have very very happy with the level of service they provide.

I've used Paypal extensively via Ebay and their subsidiary, Half.com. The problems with Paypal seem to come from having money in your Paypal account. I never do this; I instead pay directly via electronic check or credit card and have incoming funds wired directly to my checking account.

Of course, on a customer service level, if your customers don't want to use Paypal then leave it out. No sense scaring away paying customers.

• 1 month later...

PayPal rocks :lol:

as does WorldPay (both accept my naff Visa Electron Card)!

Can I just ask ... do you use different credit card processing organisations for the purchase and registration of domains and the purchase of hosting?

This will no doubt send shockwaves down the spine of the poor soul in support when I set up my site with SNH but my domain reg went through OK, whereas my hosting didn't (until some poor thing took pity upon my soul with PP) :P

If you are using different processors, can I ask why?

Edited by borfast

• 3 months later...

Everyone has tales of terror regarding some company or another.... Type in any large company's name into Google and add a "sucks" or "sux" or "suxxors" and you will get a nice, multipage listing. I couldn't find a tch sucks page though.... maybe because TCH Rocks

I have had zero problems with PayPal. In fact, I use my webspace to test their IPN, Subscription Password Management and other tools they provide. What it all comes down to, with any company is RTFM, or user agreement or whatever they want to call it......

• 4 weeks later...

World pay must think every small business like me is freaking rich or something. Guess I will have to find another place to process credit cards for kustomchoice.com

Setup Fee (payable on application) 399.00 USD (three hundred and ninety-nine point zero zero)

Monthly Charge 50.00 USD (fifty point zero zero)

Credit/charge cards (USD-USD and CAD-CAD) 2.59% (two point five nine percent)

Credit/charge cards (multi-currency) 5.25% (five point two five percent)

Transaction charge 0.35 USD (zero point three five)

Remittance period according to the agreement you have with your bank

Setup Fee (payable on application) 399.00 USD (three hundred and ninety-nine point zero zero)

Monthly Charge 50.00 USD (fifty point zero zero)

Credit/charge cards (USD-USD and CAD-CAD) 2.59% (two point five nine percent)

Credit/charge cards (multi-currency) 5.25% (five point two five percent)

Transaction charge 0.35 USD (zero point three five)

Remittance period according to the agreement you have with your bank

Ouch! :)

A quick, easy, reliable and cheap (but limited) service... as others have stated, PayPal. I have set it up for many e-commerce sites (small businesses) and they all seem to think it is great. My biggest complaint is the lack of 'true' integration (i.e. transaction completed on PayPal's server, not very professional).

Let us know the direction you go, maybe you will discover something new???

• 4 weeks later...

We've used PayPay but mostly dropped it due to their complicated sign-in, etc. checkout procedure. The rates were good but we feared we were losing sales because of it.

We've switched to 2checkout.com and have been generally pleased and have been able to massage their interface to meet our needs.

Of course we're always looking for a better solution.

-- Phil Goutell

• 7 months later...
We used paypal for a few weeks without issue. I really havent anything bad to say about them.

We no longer use paypal.

It just wasnt being used by clients.

It's funny because I've never had an issue wth PayPal at all and have a shopping cart using their system. I did hear all the grumblings and worries and heard of people who heard they stink, but never found anyone that had issues themself with PayPal.

Don't know if that clears them or not, but I found it interesting. PayPal isn't that bad to setup. They have some tutorials and you can use some PayPal extensions in Dreamweaver MX.

If not PayPal, then try out osCommerce. It's a great script and has some great add-ons. I just installed one that will import a product database. Another one allows you to create a template for osCommerce super easy. If I did it anyone can!

It's nothing special, but then again, it only took about 15 minutes!

My osCommerce Demo Cart

• 4 weeks later...

May as well toss my 2 cents in here. I've been a PayPal customer for about 5 years now - both buyer and seller. Can't say a bad word about them. They've been on top of every little detail for me. In fact, if there's a choice between two items and one has PayPal - I'll take the PayPal item.

Just a little input from the 49.95 demographic! :)

Beth

Just wanted to give my two cents as a customer. When I signed up with TCH, I was prompted to use mypaysystems (same as paysystems?). Everything went fine, but the next day I got an email from them stating I didn't meet their credit card fraud screening requirements. They cancelled my order, and immediately stopped contact with me. TCH suggested I contact them, but mypaysystems never responded to my emails. I logged into mypaysystems' website, and submitted requests for them to review my account, and they completely ignored me. I was really worried I had made the wrong choice coming here (after contemplating it for over a month), but when I entered a ticket, the Head Guru himself cleared up the problem immediately. I've still never heard from mypaysystems, and can't recommend them in anyway, since my experience with them was so terrible. :)

That said, I haven't regretted the decision to come here one bit, and i'm glad to be part of this family. Rock Sign

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the links.

I tried paysystems.com first -- can't say I would recommend them for tangible goods. While their support is first-rate (prompt action and responses), their test mode is horrible and I had problems with response formatting. Their cart only contains your logo -- otherwise it seems confusing with references to "buying points for redemption". It also took a lot of paperwork to set up the account.

2checkout.com, on the other hand, was fast, easy, efficient, and just works great! Their cart is a little limited, but easy to set up and customize. I had the entire site up within an hour.

ibill.com specializes in subscriptions (I'm not even sure they support tangible goods), and is well respected in the adult site community.

Bill

As many people have already said, I've also never had a problem with Paypal.

I've also used 2checkout without any problem whatsoever, howwever if you take a look at their forums you'd think they never paid anyone anything ever.

I think a lot of it is people misunderstanding the way things work, eg:

Paypal - you need to verify your account before you can withdraw a large amount from your account - some don't notice this until they are told that they can't withdraw ... it says it clearly enough throughout the signup and afterwards.

2Checkout - they keep back a certain %age as a "retention" against future chargebacks. The number of posts in their forums from people saying "they've kept some of my money" is incredible - again - it clearly states what happens during signup.

Read, understand, clarify if necessary and I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Just my tuppenceworth :dance:

Ali

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know anything about iBill...www.ibill.com?

AVOID IBILL LIKE THE PLAGUE.

iBill's fees are extraordinarily high, and it's been impossible to get our final payout. iBill has kept us waiting for more than 10 months for a mere $35. During that time, we've had to make about 20 phone calls and sent sent countless e-mails, and we have heard every excuse in the book from them. We still haven't been paid!

Whenever I called iBill's customer service number, I could hear their customer service representatives in the background, arguing vehemently with their customers--one of whom swore to fly to their offices and beat the cr*p out of them. Two of the reps were laughing about that call afterwards, saying, "You should have heard this guy! And for just $36! What an f***ing jerk!"

That is typical iBill, folks. Dump them ASAP. iBill needs to be investigated by the FTC and the FBI.

PayPal has been fine.

mjyannone@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
I can tell you that we use http:www.paysystems.com and have very very happy with the level of service they provide.

Thanks for the info!

I contacted them & will let you know what happens.

I am looking for someone to process credit cards for me.

I can't use Paypal because I am Canadian and their exchange rate is horrible!

LOL

:goof:

Weezy

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm totally new to e-commerce and have a lot to ask.

Yet I'm adventurous enough to set a store on my website.

What would you say about using iKobo.com for credit card processing?

I'm going to use TCH "Shopping Cart" scripts and iKobo. Will it be enough?

Or I'll need something like OsCommerce as well for easy maintenance of multiple items presented for sale?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info!

I contacted them & will let you know what happens.

I am looking for someone to process credit cards for me.

I can't use Paypal because I am Canadian and their exchange rate is horrible!

LOL

:goof:

Weezy

I think you should try Ikobo. Canada is in its coverage. IKobo has a relatively low rate.