Reseller Sub Domains Cpanel

bigdog

thinking of being a Reseller.

what control does the reseller have over the cpanel that the buyer gets, what can I limit, and what can I not limit in detail would be good thanks.

as a resller if the potential hosting customer did not want to buy a domain name but wanted to buy my hosting could I point his / her housting account to a sub domain of my hosting domain ? like customer.somehostingname.com

also would the cpanel work for the customer from the sub domain.

thanks

In WHM ( Web Host Manager )

you can create packages of space and bandwidth

you can also create feature lists and add that list to a package to limit what their cpanel sees.

Sub Domains do not get their own cpanel

they are just a redirection to a folder with out any limits!

Use extreme caution in giving a sub domain on your reseller domain to anyone.

They can use as much space as you have left.

thanks for responding both of you, I was hoping for specifics from staff, Gvillerick was helpfull, Don indicates I can not control the size of the sub domain. at $240.00 a year I would need more specific answers to my questions thanks, I am asking in the right place ? yes ?

I new to tch but not new. can't beat the $4.00 hosting for my auction site

Edited by bigdog

Sorry I thought both questions were answered?

Have you looked at the help site and the WHM videos ?

And remember your reseller domain space is seperate and equal to your reseller hosting space,

so you get twice as much space as the plan indicates.

thanks Don guess I expected a more detailed response I have been in sales for 30 years and the fastest way to not make a sale is not give a good answer to questions posed. I do not want to do the foot work and sift thru the boards trying to find the answers, just wanted specific detailed answers to all questions from staff oh well I will move on. thanks I guess the boards are not for me.

I'm sorry you felt we didn't fully answer your questions.

You asked;

what control does the reseller have over the cpanel that the buyer gets, what can I limit, and what can I not limit in detail would be good thanks.

GvilleRick's reply I thought covered this;

Within the Packages menu you can control the number of email accounts, ftp accounts, email lists, databases, etc. Using the Package manager you can control whether Fantastico is included, and most other cPanel icons.

He has stated that you can control;

- The number of email accounts

- The number of FTP accounts

- The number of email list

- The number of databases

- Whether Fantastico is included

- Whether most other cpanel icons are included or not.

As Don added also said you can control the

- Total amount of space

- Total amount of Bandwidth allowed.

as a resller if the potential hosting customer did not want to buy a domain name but wanted to buy my hosting could I point his / her housting account to a sub domain of my hosting domain ? like customer.somehostingname.com

Yes

also would the cpanel work for the customer from the sub domain.

No, as Don said;

Sub Domains do not get their own cpanel

they are just a redirection to a folder with out any limits!

Use extreme caution in giving a sub domain on your reseller domain to anyone.

They can use as much space as you have left.

At the end of the day I suppose, we don't have a dedicated team of salesman, to ensure we get maximum sales. We do aim to provide the best technical support to all our family, and focus our energies there. So I can only apologise that we did not give you a full sales pitch, but that's not what we are.