No Images/icons In Cpanel

slick

OK. I got a response which told me to clear browser's cache. I did that but it didn't work.

I tried another browser (IE) and it worked fine.

So apparently there's something wrong with Firefox's cache.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

I tried clearing the cache a whole bunch of times and refreshing but no luck.

What can I do to make it work in Firefox as I really don't use IE.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I cleared cookies and cache.

The plugins I have installed are ad-block plus, ook video, yet another window resizer and google toolbar.

I've disabled ad-block plus for my domain and still no luck.

Is there something else I can do like maybe clear/delete the cache manually from my hard drive or something?

Thanks.

I don't like IE either so it pains me to say this, but, use IE to view your cpanel. Maybe it is something other than Firefox that is causing the problem such as your ISP caching pages or any number of things. If it's bad in IE also then it's not Firefox that's broken and we can look for another cause.

You might try uninstalling Firefox, deleting your Firefox profile (this doesn't happen automatically when you uninstall), and reinstalling Firefox.

Weird things occasionally happen to my Firefox profile, so I just start over when they do. Usually the problem is resolved.

Well it works normally in IE, but I really don't like to use IE.

I should have mentioned also that not only are the images not loading in Firefox but the page is taking an agonizingly long time to load without the images.

I believe there is something wrong with the cache or temporary files in Firefox but I don't know how to fix it.

Well thanks for the suggestion.

I really hope someone can solve this problem.

Thanks.

OK.

So I finally got Firefox to work again after deleting the default profile and reinstalling it but there is still no change in my situation.

What can I do now to make Firefox work like it used to with my cPanel? :wallbash:

Thanks.

Well it's come down to me having to chose another browser because it seems there's nothing I can do to make this problem go away.

If you guys ever figure it out please let me know.

In the mean time I'm using Opera. It's not as good as Firefox IMO but at least it's better than IE.

I hope that one day someone finds the solution.

Thanks a lot to everyone who tried to help me.

So I finally got Firefox to work again after deleting the default profile and reinstalling it but there is still no change in my situation.
Did you also remove and reinstall Firefox itself?

It's a stumper for sure.

Did you also remove and reinstall Firefox itself?

It's a stumper for sure.

Guess I didn't phrase that statement too well.

The answer is yes.

First I un-installed Firefox.

-Removed the default profile manually.

-Downloaded latest version of Firefox

-Installed latest version.

-Started Firefox but got an error (can't remember what it was).

-Googled it and realized that I had to delete the .ini file too.

-Finally got Firefox to work.

-Still got problem.

I know there has to be something wrong with one of these Firefox files that have remained on my computer but I don't know which one it is.

I think my next attempt to fix this problem would be to completely remove every trace of Firefox and then re-install.

Any more advice before I take this drastic step is welcome.

Thanks.

I am not sure where this ini file you mention is located, but when you have removed Firefox through Add/Remove programs in control panel, be sure that the Mozilla Firefox folder in "Program files" are removed and that the profile folder in Document settings > User name > Application data > Mozilla, is also removed.

If these two folders are not automatically removed, remove them manually. That should remove every Firefox related file (that I know of anyway).

Then reboot and reinstall Firefox. After that before adding any extension etc, log in to your cpanel and see if it works.

If you can visit cpanel (with visible icons) with that clean install, add one extension, check out cpanel, add one more, check out cpanel and so on. If you suddenly can not view the icons in cpanel, you should by now know what is causing this.