What Am I Doing Wrong Here?

I am trying to get my brother-in-law's website up and running. I had originally had it hosted on my domain (http://www.lauralohr.com/test5) and recently transferred it to his domain (http://www.diedforoursinindustries.org). It was up and running yesterday when I tested it on Firefox and IE7. Now, I am getting an error message on Firefox that the url is not valid. On IE7 and IE6, it does not load at all. It is still running on my domain (http:www.lauralohr.com/test5)

Any thoughts? Ideas? Why is the link invalid?

I am running Mambo, if that is helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Are you on a virtual or reseller account?

If on a virtual, you are not allowed to point a second domain to a separate folder or page.

All domains must point to the exact same content.

If on a reseller account, please open a ticket and the techs will look in to it.

Are you on a virtual or reseller account?

I am not sure the difference between virtual and reseller. I just had him sign up on the main page of Total Choice.

Am I pointing somewhere else? I just want to completely transfer him to his domain (www.diedforoursinindustries.org)

Thanks!

If you pay less than 19.99 a month, you're on a virtual account. If you pay 19.99 or more a month, then you are probably on a reseller account. (I'm guessing that you wouldn't have a dedicated server unless you knew you wanted one :thumbup1: ).

So you are saying that you have two separate hosting accounts, one for your domain and one for your brother's domain? And you are trying to get his hosting account to work?

I'm not clear on the nature of your problem, so that is why we are asking these questions. :)

Sorry, I think I missunderstood you.

I understood it as you had pointed the new domain to a folder on the old domain, which would not be allowed unless you have a reseller account.

Either way, you will need to submit a ticket and ask the techs to look in to this.

So you are saying that you have two separate hosting accounts, one for your domain and one for your brother's domain? And you are trying to get his hosting account to work?

I'm not clear on the nature of your problem, so that is why we are asking these questions. ;)

Yes, that is correct. I built the site on my own domain (www.lauralohr.com) and am in the process of transferring content to his account (www.diedforoursinindustries). Two separate accounts. I am using his login information to do the transfer. I simply uploaded the content to his account, made the necessary changes in the html, configuration.php, css, etc.

It was working yesterday and then it blew up on me. The content is still loading on my domain, but not on his.