Microsoft Expression Web ?

OttomanCoins

Expression Web, I think, is pretty nice. It is able to work with your site using FTP, or using FrontPage extensions...take your pick.

My recommendation, if you are thinking about buying Expression Web, is to download Microsoft's free trial (I believe it's a 90-day trial), and see if it meets your needs.

Thomas' nvu recommendation may be a gentler step into web publishing, and may suit your needs just fine.

As TCH-Dick pointed out in a previous post, the FrontPage Server Extensions is a discontinued feature. I'd stick with FTP for everything - do it right from the start. Definitely get the eval. It's good for 60 days and is well worth it to see if it will meet your needs. Make sure you have time to dedicate to it though so you can get the most out of the eval.

It does look like they have an upgrade price of $99 too which is on par with their previous upgrades I think.

I tried Expressions as a beta and it's CSS hover support in the live preview was none existent. This made it hard to check any CSS hover effects of the pages I was making. As said above try Nvu as it's free or KompoZer which is a spin off of Nvu that apparently fixes several bugs.