Outlook 2003

HI I am having a problems to send large email attachements via the outlook 2003. In fact they never go thru and it looks it hangs. When I use the web mail server it takes less then 5 seconds to send 6Mb. Any help will be appreciated.

Miller

Hi,

Although this is not help to you, I would strongly suggest looking at another Email Client.

Since Outlook2003 connects thru your internet connection to the server to send that large attachement, and the web mail is a direct connection, the first thing I would look at would be a issue with your connection.

Do you have any issues uploading content thru the same connection to your server?

I have outlook 2007 and I find I have the same problem, not sure what it could be, but it might be the email scanning, in/out bound. I like outlook, because in what I do, I can sync my calendar with my wife at the U of M

HI I am having a problems to send large email attachements via the outlook 2003. In fact they never go thru and it looks it hangs. When I use the web mail server it takes less then 5 seconds to send 6Mb. Any help will be appreciated.

If you have Outlook configured to use your ISP for outgoing mail then the problem is with them, Some ISP's will limit the filesize for their email that you can upload or download and you need to check with them on the exact size. You could also change the outgoing server to TCH and see if that corrects the problem.

Bob is right as you said the attachments go through using web mail (TCH)

My old ISP had a 3 meg limit.

What I do is ftp the file to a folder and send the link via email.

If you put a blank index.html file in the download folder,

that will keep the files hidden, so that only those with the file name can download it.

Ok this is beating a dead horse, I want to setup up my email client to recieve mail from gmail, but to send it via TCH, how do I set it up to send to one server and receive from another server. When the Beta goes good, and all the bugs aee gone, (if there are any) I plan to send and receive from TCH. thanks

Ok this is beating a dead horse, I want to setup up my email client to recieve mail from gmail, but to send it via TCH, how do I set it up to send to one server and receive from another server. When the Beta goes good, and all the bugs aee gone, (if there are any) I plan to send and receive from TCH. thanks

Incoming Mail (POP3) put your gmail server

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) put your TCH server

I tried a 12 mb file and my server had a fit about it

Outlook has a "server timeout" setting that you can set to a higher time limit if you are having trouble sending a large file. As Bruce said, 12MB may upset recipients. Depending on the kind of file, you might consider compressing its size with a zip utility before sending it.

Edited by nortk

I on send the files when they request the files. The people know what I am sending to them

Well there are several reasons why sending large files via email is not a good idea. One is its wasteing email server resources, email was not intended for transfering large files, its for sending text communications. Two, there are lots of folks with limits in the mailbox's, the default in cpanel is 10MB for instance. Three, there are additional limits set at the ISP level not only for sending large files but also receiving, these are there because the server resource issues mentioned in one above.

As Bruce mentioned, downloading from the web is propably the better way.