Probs With Site Loading-too Slow

Layla

Hi!

I am not sure where to put this. I have not been able to get in touch with anyone from the tech service via the online help.

My sites are loading too slow. I noticed that I am on Server 88. Not sure if that is the problem or what. Can somebody help me?

http://thehillchronicles.com

Thanks!

Layla

Well according to websiteoptimization.com....

* TOTAL_HTML - Congratulations, the total number of HTML files on this page (including the main HTML file) is 2 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization.

* TOTAL_OBJECTS - Warning! The total number of objects on this page is 172 - consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refine, and optimize your external objects. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests.

* TOTAL_IMAGES - Warning! The total number of images on this page is 153 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refine, and optimize your graphics. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests.

* TOTAL_CSS - Caution. The total number of external CSS files on this page is 4 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refine, and optimize your external CSS files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed CSS for high-traffic pages) on your pages.

* TOTAL_MULTIM - Congratulations, the total number of external multimedia files on this page is 1 .

* TOTAL_SIZE - Warning! The total size of this page is 1118130 bytes, which will load in 257.24 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 30K to achieve sub eight second response times on 56K connections. Pages over 100K exceed most attention thresholds at 56Kbps, even with feedback.

* TOTAL_SCRIPT - Warning! The total number of external script files on this page is 12 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refine, and optimize your external script files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed scripts for high-traffic pages) on your pages.

* HTML_SIZE - Warning! The total size of this HTML page is 107141 bytes, which is over 100K! Consider optimizing your HTML and eliminating unnecessary content and features.

* IMAGES_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your images is 880579 bytes, which is over 30K. Consider optimizing your images for size, combining them, and replacing graphic rollovers with CSS.

* SCRIPT_SIZE - Warning! The total size of external your scripts is 92474 bytes, which is over 8K. Consider optimizing your scripts for size, combining them, and using compression where appropriate for any scripts placed in the HEAD of your documents.

* CSS_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your external CSS is 15333 bytes, which is over 8K. Consider optimizing your CSS for size by eliminating whitespace, using shorthand notation, and combining multiple CSS files where appropriate.

* MULTIM_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your external multimedia is 22603 bytes, which is over 20K. Consider optimizing your multimedia files for size, or replacing them with lower-bandwidth alternatives, or eliminating them altogether.

Analysis and Recommendations.

Bill thanks! Darla thank you too. I did what you suggested and it helped. I also dropped a plugin from wordpress that recored my stats--and that I believe was part of the problem.

Thanks again! :)