Javascript Help

jhollin1138

I feel like a javascript knucklehead here.

I am trying to implement the "Modal Dialog Box" script found here h**p://javascript.about.com/b/a/256836.htm. I have been able to get the front end of things working fine; it is the back end of things that isn't working.

I am working on a script, in PHP, that is pulling information together and generates one of three different reports. I am using the "Modal Dialog Box" to generate an interface for the user to select which of the reports they want to generate. When the user clicks 'OK', I want to pop-up a new window with their report. Here is my HTML code for the "Modal Dialog Box".

><div id="box" class="dialog">
<form method="post" name="printDialog" action="printWin('./print.php?id=4306&PrintSheet=', 'order');">
 <table align="center">
<tr><td colspan="2">Print Sheet: </td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="order" checked="checked" /> Order</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="spec" /> Specification</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="est" /> Estimate</td></tr>
<tr>
  <td> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="OK" onclick="hm('box');" /> </td>
  <td> <input type="reset" value="Cancel" onclick="hm('box');" /> </td>
</tr>
 </table>
</form>
</div>

Here is my javascript that is handling the pop-up window.

>MyPrintWin=null;
function printWin(linkName, printPageDefault) {
 if(MyPrintWin != null) MyPrintWin.close();

for (var i=0; i < document.printDialog.PrintSheet.length; i++) {
if (document.printDialog.PrintSheet[i].checked) {
  var printPage = document.printDialog.PrintSheet[i].value;
}
 }

printPageLink = linkName + printPage;

MyPrintWin = window.open(printPageLink, "printWindow", "width=700,height=500,menubar=no,resizable,toolbar=no,scrollbars");
}

When I click 'OK', the "Modal Dialog Box" is disappearing, but the pop-up isn't showing up.

If I change my javascript to:

>MyPrintWin=null;

printPageLink = linkName + printPageDefault;

MyPrintWin = window.open(printPageLink, "printWindow", "width=700,height=500,menubar=no,resizable,toolbar=no,scrollbars");
}

Everything works the way I would like, although obviously the value for the radio button is not being used.

Am I missing something here?

Here is an update.

I tried the following javascript code, still no luck.

>MyPrintWin=null;

var printPage = printPageDefault;
for (var i=0; i < document.printDialog.PrintSheet.length; i++) {
  if (document.printDialog.PrintSheet[i].checked) {
	printPage = document.printDialog.PrintSheet[i].value;
  }
}

}

I also tried using onsubmit instead of action in my html form, no luck.

<form method="post" name="printDialog" onsubmit="printWin('./print.php?id=4306&PrintSheet=', 'spec');return false;">
 <table align="center">
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="order" checked="checked" /> Order</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="spec" /> Specification</td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" value="est" /> Estimate</td></tr>
<tr>
  <td> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="OK" onclick="java script:hm('box');" /> </td>
  <td> <input type="reset" value="Cancel" onclick="java script:hm('box');" /> </td>
</tr>
 </table>
</form>
</div>

Any help would be appreciated.

:) I finally got everything working. The solution came to me when I was giving the kids a bath. Instead of trying to figure out which radio button was picked and set a variable, just set a variable. This is what I came up with for the html section:

<form method="post" name="printDialog" action="printWin('./print.php?id=4306&PrintSheet=');">
 <table align="center">
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" onclick="printPage='order'" /> Order</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" onclick="printPage='spec'" /> Specification</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2"><input type="radio" name="PrintSheet" onclick="printPage='est'" /> Estimate</td></tr>
<tr>
  <td> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="OK" onclick="hm('box');" /> </td>
  <td> <input type="reset" value="Cancel" onclick="hm('box');" /> </td>
</tr>
 </table>
</form>
</div>

Here is the java script:

>MyPrintWin=null;
function printWin(linkName) {
}