waynej

Dns Central (dnscentral.com) Down

dnscentral.com has been down for perhaps 24 hours now. Anyone know their status? I have a "forwarding account" with them for my email which then goes to an account with TCH. So no email to my regular email address is getting through. The numbers on their Google-cached web page say voice mailbox is full. Technical contact for whois has two phone numbers both of which say out of service. I started a thread in comp.mail.misc about this since I didn't know where else to get status.

from h_tp://www.aboutus.org/DnsCentral.com

The site is undergoing maintenance for the next several hours ... we expect service to be spotty ... sorry for the inconvenience.

Additional Information

dnscentral.com and related sites have been down since approximately 1:00pm March 6, 2007. Anyone know why? See dnscentral.com thread in comp.mail.misc

Good job in spotting that site. I found it also by a search. However, 'undergoing maintenance' blurb is visible on every page of http://www.aboutus.org and is not about dnscentral.com. And I am the one that posted the blurb about dnscentral.com being down since yesterday. I am just fishing for a place where people might post knowledgeable status or at least discuss it in comp.mail.misc. I was just hoping someone in the TCH family might be similarly affected like me or have advice.

I have not received any mail for at least a day and a half.

None of my several domains with numerous e-mail addresses are receiving mail.

I don't get any error messages when Mozilla Thunderbird sends for mail.

ISP is comcast.

I guess I can try webmail, but where can I go to find out what is going on with my mail and how to address the problem?

Thanks,

Will

Welcome to the forums Will ;)

You are not trying to forward mail off the TCH servers to your Comcast account are you?

If you are that may be why you are not receiving any email. Please read the Comcast Forwards Policy thread.

You should move to dnsmadeeasy.com, they are excellent provider.

It is odd, but dnscentral.com appears to be hosted on a DSL line from speakeasy. ;)

You should move to dnsmadeeasy.com, they are excellent provider.

I'll second that one. Easy to use, reliable, and inexpensive. And they give you a 30 day free trial before you ever give them a credit card number.

Bruce thanks for responding so quickly.

No, I'm not forwarding mail - But, ... I've fixed my problem.

Sorry, I should not have posted in this thread - just didn't see any other recent post related to not getting mail - should have started my own thread.

If any admins want to delete or move my two posts here - that's okay with me.

Short story: my disk space was maxed, now it's not.

thanks,

Will

Welcome to the forums Will :)

You are not trying to forward mail off the TCH servers to your Comcast account are you?

If you are that may be why you are not receiving any email. Please read the Comcast Forwards Policy thread.