Is Help Desk Down?

erisande

Is anyone else having trouble?

• Creating tickets in Help Desk does not send responses to me, so I can not check on the status if issues.
    • it will not email me my Ticket's Key.
    • I have checked my spam filters (on my provider and in my personal email program) and there have been no responses from TCH. This is odd, since TCH is usually really quick in responding, so I believe there is something wrong with my account.

[*]I posted a message here a bit ago and it is nowhere to be found (not even in my "last 10 posts" page).

Please someone confirm my (near) sanity...

I believe that the answer to this question was posted in a different thread. I'll re-state it here so that others who read this down the line can easily find the answer.

When you submit a request to the help desk, your request isn't actually submitted unless you complete both steps of the two-part process.

First, you have to enter your ticket information and your username and password. Then you will be shown a list of FAQs from the knowledge base that might potentially answer your question. Then you have to do the second part: you must click the Submit button on that page for your ticket to be posted to the system.

If you just do the first part, you won't get your ticket into the system. You must click the "Submit the Ticket, my answer is not listed" button at the top of the second page in order to get your ticket posted to the system.

Hope this helps.

I believe that the answer to this question was posted in a different thread. I'll re-state it here so that others who read this down the line can easily find the answer.

When you submit a request to the help desk, your request isn't actually submitted unless you complete both steps of the two-part process.

First, you have to enter your ticket information and your username and password. Then you will be shown a list of FAQs from the knowledge base that might potentially answer your question. Then you have to do the second part: you must click the Submit button on that page for your ticket to be posted to the system.

If you just do the first part, you won't get your ticket into the system. You must click the "Submit the Ticket, my answer is not listed" button at the top of the second page in order to get your ticket posted to the system.

Hope this helps.

3 tickets were submitted, Bruce said that someone was working on it. SO I did submit ythe tickets (I have done it before). I didn't recieve the confirmation email; therefore, I do not have the Ticket KEY which is neccessary for getting a status. I also attempted to request my key by filling in my email to no avail.

And the issue still has not been resolved. It is simply a fix of allowing the NEW_PASSWORD hash system on my MySQL account. PLEASE, I have clients wanting to log in...

3 tickets were submitted, Bruce said that someone was working on it. SO I did submit ythe tickets (I have done it before). I didn't recieve the confirmation email; therefore, I do not have the Ticket KEY which is neccessary for getting a status. I also attempted to request my key by filling in my email to no avail.

And the issue still has not been resolved. It is simply a fix of allowing the NEW_PASSWORD hash system on my MySQL account. PLEASE, I have clients wanting to log in...

Bill (and/or any other interested TCH parties),

I just want to add that erisande's issue with the Help Desk has been happening to me as well. I opened a ticket for it (no email notifications) and the support personnel sent "test" emails to me and I received them just fine. However, it is intermittent. The last two tickets worked the way they were supposed to, so I don't know what the root cause is.

I keep an old "key" around to login to the Help Desk Status area when I've got a ticket in the works, just in case.

Regards,

Dan

Edited by dcumpian