Zach

Problem Receiving Email

A friend of mine was trying to email me and kept getting a bounce back. He tried two different addresses (on different accounts but the same resller server) and kept getting this:

>_____________________________________________
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 7:13 PM
To: Floyd Warren
Subject: Undeliverable: Hello

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:  FW: Hello
    Sent:     1/26/2007 7:13 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'(removed)@zrpweb.net' on 1/26/2007 7:13 PM
          451 Dynamic/Residential IP range listed by NJABL dynablock -
[url="http://njabl.org/dynablock.html"]http://njabl.org/dynablock.html[/url]

One of them eventually came through but it made me nervous. Is this just a spam thing or something else? I've never seen one w/ this error message.

Thanks

Zach

Do the sender use the domains smtp settings? If so, please ask him/her to change it to his/hers isp´s smtp settings and see if the error goes away.

Do the sender use the domains smtp settings? If so, please ask him/her to change it to his/hers isp´s smtp settings and see if the error goes away.

Do you mean are they using my server for their email? No, we're totally seperate.

No, I mean that no matter the user is hosted on a TCH server or not, most internet service providers blocks port 25 and 26, meaning that you can not use your *domains smtp settings, you must use the isp´s settings.

I googled parts of the error message you received and some search results says your user need to change the smtp settings, while others indicate that the sender adress or server might have ended up on a spam black list.

Since changing smtp settings temporarily to test if that is the problem is easier than getting a server off a blacklist, I would change the smtp settings first and see if that works.

*= No matter the domain is hosted on a TCH server or not.