Setting Up Website

NedWreck

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a website for the company I work for.

I've:

Did several searches on this topic.

Googled till I'm blue.

Watched every semi-pertinent video I could

Got all my files in the Public_Html folder

Edited the .htaccess file so that it lists my main html file instead of index.htm

Like so: DirectoryIndex TheMoranCanvas2.html

Still, all I see is the index.htm stuff when i go to my website. What in the Wide World of Sports am I missing?

As ususal, I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this. I'm also sorry for being so dang clueless. :tchrocks:

Thanks,

Bob

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a website for the company I work for.

I've:

Did several searches on this topic.

Googled till I'm blue.

Watched every semi-pertinent video I could

Got all my files in the Public_Html folder

Edited the .htaccess file so that it lists my main html file instead of index.htm

Like so: DirectoryIndex TheMoranCanvas2.html

Still, all I see is the index.htm stuff when i go to my website. What in the Wide World of Sports am I missing?

As ususal, I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this. I'm also sorry for being so dang clueless. :tchrocks:

Thanks,

Bob

The DirectoryIndex entry is correct but I would check the capitalization of the file name. Linux is case sensitive (assuming you're on a Linux box). This is a good reason to use lowercase filenames when publishing a site.

If that all checks out, check the log file in cpanel to see what it has to say. Also, try setting up the redirect from within your cpanel and see how you make out.

Edited by JRKy

Well. hmmm..... It's up. It runs. I did nothing extra to make it do so. Everything is the same as it was yesterday except that it now works. The pics are all in the wrong place but that's because of something I did wrong or something I neglected to do in Nvu.

http://themorancanvas.com

So, I'd have to say.....

SCORE! :blink:

Thanks, again!

Bob