Scripts You Use And Would Recommend

OJB

This is just a topic to see who uses what sort of scripts for their site, just so others can see what sort of stuff is available and whats good and whats not.

I run a music based website and scripts I have running are:

Jamroom - Allows users to upload their own music and stream or download other peoples music with auto-generated daily charts and other things

www.jamroom.net

DokuWiki - A WIKI which I use for sound tutorials where members can add or request their own tutorials relating to sound and music production

wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

Invision Power Board - This is the heart and soul of my site. Have many members posting every day, with around 120,000 posts to date. I use loads of modifications on this too, but wont go into those

www.invisionboard.com

osCommerce - An online store solution I let my members sell their CDs through. This gives them an outlet where they might not have had one originally.

www.oscommerce.com

PHPMyChat - A chat room where my members can speak to eachother when they are online at the same time. Sometimes used for live hip hop battling (although text only obviously)

www.phpheaven.net

not really a script but:

GoogleHosted - google hosts my email and allows me to give up to 100 free 2GB accounts to my site members.

www.google.com/a/

So what do you use and what do you recommend?

• 1 month later...

OJB, I'm interested to know your experience with Google apps, specifically email. Have you run into any problems giving out free emails with whatever@yoursite.com? Any concerns that one or two bad apples will get your domain blacklisted for abusing the free email account?

I'm asking because I've been approved for this service through Google and just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Thanks.

OJB, I'm interested to know your experience with Google apps, specifically email. Have you run into any problems giving out free emails with whatever@yoursite.com? Any concerns that one or two bad apples will get your domain blacklisted for abusing the free email account?

I'm asking because I've been approved for this service through Google and just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Thanks.

iv had no issues as of yet. Also I hand select who gets an account. I only allow members of my forum to have ones, and only give them to long standing members, so I am not worried. Sure anyone could abuse it and get my site blacklisted, but I dont foresee that happening at the moment.

I am more than happy with it so far mate.