Video Streaming

OJB

Hey everyone

I am interested in setting up a video streaming section to my site. Let me point out first I do not want to HOST the videos as that will munch my server space and my bandwidth. I want some method of allowing users to link to videos of theirs on say youtube or myspace and embed them in some variety of profile, whereby you can click on their name and view all the videos of them.

Does anyone know of any such software I can install, or the best way to approach this? I run an IPB 1.3 forum but am no coder and wouldnt really know how to integrate such a thing. It would also be nice if there was some sort of front end where it showed new videos or whatever, and some method of allowing an admin to regulate what is being linked (i.e. administrator privaledges to remove links etc)

Thanks in advance

OJB

Sorry OJB, I don´t know of any software that will do this, but check hotscripts.com or google. I am sure you will find something that will do what you want there.

But, I see you are running a very very old version of IPB (version 1.3 while IPB now is up to version 2.2 I think). Have you tried SMF, which many of the TCH members use?

Sorry OJB, I don´t know of any software that will do this, but check hotscripts.com or google. I am sure you will find something that will do what you want there.

But, I see you are running a very very old version of IPB (version 1.3 while IPB now is up to version 2.2 I think). Have you tried SMF, which many of the TCH members use?

i have considered many many times an upgrade to IPB or a migration to SMF... problem is my database. I know there are conversion packs out there, but I am unsure how compatible my database will be considering the amount of IPB hacks (modifications) I have installed over the years.

I will give hotscripts a lookie though, thanks for your reply thomas, i appreciate it.

thanks don

i did an install of SMF... converted my IPB database over.. was pretty seamless... also installed a few new themes and mods

but i really cant abandon IPB im afraid, I have so many modifications I use on there that are just not available on SMF... i searched all the modifications in their database and alot of the ones i use in IPB there arent equivalents of in SMF

maybe its worth paying for the latest IPB version but i would rather test run it first before paying for it, but imagine this is not possible!

thanks again though don!

Edited by OJB