Intel.

makaveli

ok so intel...

when they advertise themselves they say intel core duo processors then at the end play "the jingle"

thats understandable as its their advert.

but say a chain of stores or somwhere else advertises them on TV say Dell computers when they say intel, it always plays the little intel theme.

do they have to by some form of contract or rule play this?

one day well we have to whistle it when we speak of intel.. (*whistles theme just in case*)

anyways like i say silly question, but one i have always wondered about! :)

Edited by makaveli

I'm guessing that it's part of the license agreement from Intel that they include the jingle. It is not part of the formal name that we would have to emulate when speaking of them... just a marketing gimick.

I don't think its a rule or law or are they forced to do so, its more they want to for marketing purposes. Its a form of brand recognition and they hope to make more sales because they have "Intel Inside". When they do commercials they use different forms of communication to get the "point" across, They have a symbol or logo, a "catch phrase", and they use sounds or music, and then the Icon or person that is the spokesman for the product. They use all or a portion of these.

The more of these that you see or hear in a commercial the more you are sure that you are getting the real product. For Intel you only need the logo and the Jingle.

Not a rule at all as far as I am aware and I have been selling equipment in IT for over 16 yrs now. Never been asked to do things like that. I would think it is just Dell playing along with the jingle to get sales off the back of Intel. Do you remember the jingle and who to associate with it when you hear the jingle. If so then the marketing is working well.