Hear Good Things But Have Had A Bad Experience

Hello Everyone,

I feel almost bad about posting a complaint about TCH, everybody seems to be real happy with their service and it sound s like only good things are told around here about TCH. However, my experience is different then most.

I have been using the very basic service ($4/month) for two months now. It worked wonderfully until two weeks ago: it sounds like there was a hardware failure and my mail started failing, I got messages that I was sending a bad SSL certificate and had to disable the SSL certificate to be able to send (or so I though, that it was really sending), I put a ticket in the system and I was told that everything was back to normal.

Then I started to get complaints from people about my mail not arriving (I realized then that even my reply to TCH on the previous ticket did not go through) and I myslef was not getting some mail sent to me. I did tests sending from my TCH hosted account and realized no email was going through (even though they were leaving my PC as if everything were OK). I put another ticket and was told that maybe my ISP cut port 25 (good try but that is not the case, as I say my mail leaves my PC OK, no errors received).

I think there must be some DNS, SMTP or routing problem in TCH adn that I am not been taken seriously because I only pay $4 a month.

I think the small guy deserves a good service as much as the big guy, I don't know how many of us there are in comparisson to resellers and the like, if TCH cannot offer a good service, they should probably dedicate to reselling exclusively.

Best regards,

Felipe Guacache Hurtado

www.guacache.net

Felipe,

I can assure you that any issues you have with TCH and its support are NOT related to the expense of your hosting package. Every customer is equal.

That said, please try to continue working this through the help desk. That is the best place to get your issues resolved. Sorry that this has dragged on so long without resolution.

Let me reiterate what lstover has said. I'm sure that TCH is not aware of any problem because if they were aware of it, I can GUARANTEE they would be on it like ants on a sugar cube. If you can't seem to get a help ticket in, try clicking HERE to send e-mail to Rick, who I am certain will either fix it, or send it to who can...

Sorry for the bad experience, but give TCH a chance to correct it before you judge. They are tops, and I've tried just about all of 'em

if u are on server 24 and just had this problem yesterday then it was a scheduled downtime to replace a bad hardrive. Even after they have the server back up and running they have to do updates and make sure everything is installed and going good.

Example: if your site was back up, your e-mail and cpanel could still be down if they didn't have it all setup all the way at that time.

If your not on server 24 then this wouldn't apply to you.

btw trust me they do treat everybody as equals. I got 2 accounts here one of them i only pay 5 dollars a month for and everything is awesome.

Keep the faith my friend Thumbs Up

Ok here we go -

Ticket #1 -

User/Staff Responses

mitch

6/23/2003 5:01 P.M.

EDIT I couldn't solve your problem because you gave us the incorect login/password combination. Please give us the correct information so we can log into your CPanel and investigate your problem. Please reopen the ticket with the correct information. Thanks, and have a nice day.

Mitch Keeler

Customer Service Director

TotalChoice Hosting

Response Time: 14 minutes

-------------------------------

Ticket#2 -

User/Staff Responses

wgkish

6/23/2003 7:31 P.M.

EDIT Hi,

I was able to log in to your web mail with out issue.

We were having issues with mail earlier but this has now been corrected.

Also, we will be performing a RAM upgrade to the server sometime on Tuesday.

If you need more assistance with any add on email accounts in your next ticket please include the email account and password, otherwise we can not test the account.

Regards,

Bill Kish

General Manager

TotalChoice Hosting

“Choice does matter!”

Response Time: 2 Hours

------------------------------------------------

Ticket #3 -

User/Staff Responses

rick

7/1/2003 6:24 P.M.

EDIT

Please reseverve priority 1 requests to cases where your site is completely inaccessible and you suspect hardware failure. We answer all requests as quickly as possible.

I have looked at your account. I only have access to the main mail account given the information you gave so I checked it. I was able to send mail using the webmail. I also used Outlook Express to send email through your account. I sent mail both to my TCH account and an outside account. Both arrived within seconds.

That said, we have experienced hardware problems with server24 in the past week that may or may not be related. Information about these problems is available in the forums at www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums. We have scheduled replacing the main hard drive on the server for this weekend.

If you continue to have problems, please include as many details as possible and the username and password for any particular email account that has a problem and we will look into it further. Also include any emails indicating a failure has occured with all the headers so we can analyze them.

Thank you for choosing Total Choice Hosting where choice does matter!

Rick

rick@totalchoicehosting.com

Technical Support Services

Total Choice Hosting

Response Time: 17 minutes

---------------------------

Ticket #4-

As indicated in the forums and in an email sent out to all users on Server 24, we are currently replacing a bad main hard drive on the server. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will update the forums at http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...=ST&f=45&t=3017 as we make progress. Thank you for your patience.

We are currently copying the data from the old drive to the new one. We have replaced the server completely today and should be through soon.

Thank you for choosing Total Choice Hosting where choice does matter!

Rick

rick@totalchoicehosting.com

Technical Support Services

Total Choice Hosting

Response Time: 2 minutes

------------------------------

Ticket #5

User/Staff Responses

wgkish

7/6/2003 10:23 A.M.

EDIT

Hi,

I have no idea what the problem is but it we have isolated it to be with your provider. I was able to log in to your webmail and send and recieve, as was rick in another ticket.

While we strive to provide the best techincal support we can not provide end user support for non-server related issues, as this case appears to be.

I have set up a email account in your cPanel and was able to send and receive using outlook 2000, outlook express and PMMAIL 2000.

Your email is working and we have tried our very best to guide you thru the setup, we have even gone so far as to call your satellite internet provider.

Regards,

Bill Kish

General Manager

TotalChoice Hosting

“Choice does matter!”

--------------------------------------

In summation, we have jumped thru hoops trying to help you solve the problems your having with your email client.

This problem is not server related as we have explained to you in all your support tickets. As indicated to you in the last of the many tickets we have run out of options, and suggest you contact your ISP.

If you would like to cancel I will offer you a full refund of any monies paid, but to call our support lacking isnt fair on your part.

I am sorry for any problems this might have caused, but we have been there for you on every ticket, with response times in some cases under 2 minutes.

Bill

Felipe, I can assure you that TCH's support is by far the best you can find in the whole webhosting world.

I have been with several other webhosting companies and I can tell you from experience that you will have a hard time finding a company that provides such a good customer support as TCH does. I'd even say it's impossible.

I'm with TCH since the beggining of this year and I don't have the slightest complaint about their support.

Of course that sometimes there are problems with the servers but that can happen anywhere. The big difference here is that TCH solves the problems in a very short time, sometimes it's a matter of minutes!

I have a "starter plan" account just like you and every time I had a problem- even if TCH had nothing to do with it, as seems to be your case - someone was always there to help me out and solve my problem in a matter of minutes.

As far as I see it, the problem is not on TCH's end. Maybe you have a misconfigured MX record? It happened to me once.

And talk to your domain registrar, maybe it's them that have it messed up.

we have even gone so far as to call your satellite internet provider.

See that? Do you think many other webhosting companies would do that? I don't. :D

And I think you need to waste some of your money on some other companies for a couple of months, so you can learn the value of TCH's service. ;)

I too have had experience with a few host before TCH.

This is one of the few places where customer support involves the customer.

Shocking as that seems, many host do not even respond to customer questions until the problem is fixed, then quote your question and tell you it looks fine now.

What other host would set up a forum like this where you can learn and communicate with other customers. Most would rather the customers would not talk to each other.

There will always be problems. But how the TCH handles them is what sets TCH above the rest.

The fact that TCH will help you with a problem that is not related to TCH, puts them one more step above the competition.

Shocking as that seems, many host do not even respond to customer questions until the problem is fixed, then quote your question and tell you it looks fine now.

That was my experience with my previous host (September / October, 2002). The turn-around was typically a day. I would get basically the same reply ("It's working great now") when I would be asking different questions. (And it usually wasn't working great.)

After the display time for my web site slowed to a crawl (and I keep my pages reasonably bare), I decided that I needed a "turn-around" away from them and did a much, much more intensive search before finding TotalChoice. I've never regretted the change and, moreover, have been extremely happy here. FindMyHosting.com was very helpful in that it listed some user sites using the various web hosting services. I was able to look at those sites, find ones that would be similar enough to mine, and then check download / display times, something that had become very important to me due to the previous experience.

Having been involved with customer relations / support myself in the past, I'm aware of the pressures to hide the problems. I have immense respect for companies that are up-front about the issues they run into. Trust is important to me; I trust an organization that lets me see their problems and how they handle the problems as well as their strengths.

Most every person / organization will miss something here or there; it's how they handle things overall that's important to me. TCH and the community that's been set up handles things very well. Thumbs Up This is more than I ever expected when I first came here last fall.

That was my experience with my previous host (September / October, 2002).  The turn-around was typically a day.  I would get basically the same reply ("It's working great now") when I would be asking different questions.  (And it usually wasn't working great.)

LOL, we must have had the same previous host!

I doubt that there are other host where everyone is just as important,

no matter what plan you are on.

I have had that reponse before from a old host also! Weird how the world turns. :)

TCH has never given me that stupid excuse only because Rock Sign

Well, if it says anything, I worked for one of those hosts. We sold other things as well. I got a free account with them but was told by a customer of ours to look into TCH. I told my employer no thanks to the free account that was given to me and bought an account here. Where else can you talk to the big can o dew and have him personally welcome you aboard?

My experience with three other web hosts: Support? What is support?

Two of the hosts do not respond to emails at all, figuring that if the problem is fixed, you just won't write them again.

The third responds, but it takes several tries to get someone that understands the issue, and then only gave a truly understandable response when I said I wanted to move the site and needed the details of the settings used today.

None of three have forums, none would be willing to admit that they have a problem, none of them offers anything close to the support from the technical side and user to user side.

TCH is exceptional in the quality and timeliness of the service and the patience that is displayed when dealing with Newbies on the forum.

-Samantha

• 4 weeks later...

Felipe:

I had a problem with email too...and coming to the forum (rather than helpdesk)

I had several help me work it through. It was a matter of how I set it up and

once I *got that* it was all working fine!

I was really blown away by the support I got because my last host usually ignored the problem and there was NO forum and email usually took a week to respond to.

The telephone support really sucked...they would put you on hold for 10 minutes and the line would cut out where you had to call back. This host is now out of business...and gave me NO warning. :)

TCH was referred to me and it's easy to be skeptical about a new service when there are so many to choose from. The forum was a major reason I chose TCH...because sometimes you just need an answer right away...and it seems there are always helpful people here--> Goof

I doubt anyone is looking at what you pay before they support you...that doesn't even make sense. For the affordability of this hosting, it amazes me how much support is really in place! (Now I'm not asking for prices to raise guys ;) )

We can all get frustrated with technology...and it requires a lot of patience to work thru it...but trust me there are some Remarkable People here willing to do so!

Hang in there...haven't seen any other posts...so I'm wondering if your patience wore thin :(

I've had the same experience as Samantha.

Three hosting companies in the last couple of years and none of them come close to TCH.

I've moved my reseller account to TCH and I'm here to stay. Fantastic support and service, even when I'm the problem, not the server ;)

Rock Sign

My last server seems to have robbed me as I paid upfront as always and after many many emails and three months I still can't get a refund.

I discovered after signing up that the marvelous *** hosting group is actually one bloke with no idea what he is doing.

Stupid me I say. Read the review first.

Oh well now I'm with the best and I'm staying.

rock2.gif