Can I use an old domain name?

Guest GuestMattGuest

Guest GuestMattGuest

Hello TotalChoice!

I'm liking what I'm seeing here and I'd really like to get back into the web world. I've had accounts off and on for the past five or six months and I've always kept the same domain name, track02.net. I've been hosted with ASmallOrange and I also purchased my domain name from them. It was bought for a year in the summer sometime (June or July...can't remember) and I cancelled my account with them again in late August mid-September time area. I had done this before with them and used the same domain before I renewed once again and it still had a month on it before I had to renew. So two questions then. Can I bring that domain to you since it has a good eight months or so before it expires even though I bought it through someone else? And, if so, how do I go about purchasing hosting from you and getting this all to work? Much thanks!

-Matt

Okay thanks for the help! Is there any specific way that I have to do this? Do I have to get in touch with my old host and have them change this, or is it done simply by me typing in a couple addresses when I sign up?

You will need to ask your domain registrar to change so your domain points to the TCH-server listed in the welcome email you will receive after the purchase of the hosting.

Or you could transfer your domain as well to TCH, that way you would have nothing more to do with your old host. Please see this page: https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/transfe...1776&se=%2B