Moving To Tch

Guest Lou Sander

Guest Lou Sander

I have two sites right now, running on another host (iPowerweb). Based on recommendations of others, I want to try TCH. (iPowerweb has nothing like these forums.) The first site is semi-dormant, but I plan to use it much more in 2007. It renews in December. The second one is pretty active and renews in February or March.

I want to move the first site to TCH, and I've got until December to do so. If all goes well, I'll move the second site later. (The first site is plain vanilla. The second one includes some PHP scripts, PHPbb, a spam-prone guestbook, etc.)

I'm a computer person and programmer, but I don't know much about hosting, etc., and I don't necessarily want to learn too much about it. My sites are done with CUTE SiteBuilder, which automatically uploads the sites.

I need some specific instructions on how to migrate the first site. Can somebody help?

Welcome to the forum, Lou. :)

First of all you would need to purchase the hosting, then point your domain to the TCH servers mentioned in the welcome email.

If your current host uses cpanel you can ask the techs here to try to do a cpanel to cpanel transfer.

Otherwise you would need to do a backup of your site and restore it here I believe (thinking especially about the forum, guestbook and other non CSB files here). Since you use CSB it should not be a problem to publish the CSB files to a TCH server. I personally use CSB from time to time and have never had any problems using it here.

Welcome to the forums Lou :)

There are many CSB users here.

And as you see an active forum for customers to talk and help each other.

If you need any help, please ask.

If you are using the Advanced Guestbook, you may want to look at Lazarus Guestbook,

http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

a rewrite of Advanced Guestbook

by one of our family members. Its easy to upgrade.