Css Or Something Else.

karmacriminal

Ok...Lets see if I can explain this correctly....

All the pages that I create are in tables. Meaning, they all have 'space' between the top of the browser and the begining of the design. How do I create a web page/design that reaches the very edges of the browser walls?

Example: http://www.thinkdigitally.com/ Has is graphics coming out of the top and left side of the page. No space in betweeb the graphic and browser walls

This is got to be simple but being new to this I am missing something

Dittos to Mitch's comments.

><BODY BGCOLOR=#CCCCCC LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 ONLOAD="preloadImages();">

Support:

LEFTMARGIN IE 3.0+

TOPMARGIN IE 3.0+

MARGINWIDTH Netscape 4.0

MARGINHEIGHT Netscape 4.0

CSS is the way to go.

dsdemmin, note that the code snippet you posted is not valid HTML.

Every property value should be wrapped in double quotes, like this:

><BODY BGCOLOR="#CCCCCC" LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" ONLOAD="preloadImages();">

Also, I prefer to use lowercase tags. But this is just a personal preference. I think it makes things clearer.

dsdemmin, note that the code snippet you posted is not valid HTML.

I know, I always validate... this is karmacriminal's code. My point was that this is not the proper way to do it. ;)

As an aside, I'm just starting to think (not yet implement!) "XHTML". If you're ever considering switching pages to XHTML in the future, one basic rule is that XHTML tags (similar to HTML tags) are lower case. Whereas HTML will recognize <BODY> and <Body> and <body>, XHTML will only recognize <body>. More info is at XHTML tutorial.

I think that the simplest solution to the problem is to look at the source code of the page in question then try it on your own site.

Here, (http://www.thinkdigitally.com/) the code in question was:

<BODY BGCOLOR=#666666 LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0>

But remember, not all browsers will display the code in the same way. There are folks out there using some VERY OLD browsers and it ain't because they're stupid.