Ie 7 Security Hole

It could be a record, (2 days) a security hole has been found that could open your bank account info or other sensitive data to others.

You can test this by going to a test site set up to show you the flaw.

http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbit...erability_Test/

I downloaded IE7 the first day (10/18/06) it went gold. I wanted to see what my sites looked like in IE7.

I think I'll continue to use Fire Fox as my browser of choice for now.

youneverknow

Well MS claim IE 7 was a total rewrite from the ground up but as any programmer will tell you you always 'borrow' snippets of code from your old work. With something as big as a web browser it would of taken them a lot longer than it did to rewrite the rendering engine from the ground up so possibly the gui is a total rewrite and the rendering engine just got updated with better CSS support etc.

Yup. I'm waiting to see how much Symantec screw up Sygate.

I mean MS has dropped FrontPage in favour of Expression and whilst expression is good the preview, fo a handcoder like me, is useless as it doesn't support the CSS hover pseudo attribute.

And how do you change the spell checker dictionary on FF2 as I'm fed up of being told words like colour and favour are wrong x-(

And how do you change the spell checker dictionary on FF2 as I'm fed up of being told words like colour and favour are wrong x-(
From their release notes:
Dictionaries for several locales can't be packaged with the builds, and must be manually downloaded by selecting "Add Dictionaries..." on the shortcut menu. New dictionaries are regularly being added to Mozilla Add-ons, so if you don't see the particular dictionary you need, check back later. In future releases, users will be offered the opportunity to download dictionaries the first time they run the product

So you will need to download a british-english dictionary.

I added a swedish dictionary and it works great. :D

Maybe Americans should just learn to spell then we wouldn't have this problem. I should invent a time machine and kill Webster x-(
Maybe Brits should just learn to write great programs so they could include their messed up dictionary in it as default! :D

Just kidding my UK friends (ex-friends?). I really wish we would start spelling things like the English because I end up spelling things that way more often than not. I frequently spell colour and theatre and have no idea how that came to be - lived in the States all my life and grew up in the country. Maybe they just couldn't spell right? lol

Anyway, MS will never incorporate FF with their release - according to the license they wouldn't be able to monopolize and capitalize (rip everyone off) with it.

HG's right. As much as MS has done to forward computing they have done in reverse and today they screw more stuff up than they do right. It used to be pretty cool when they were smallish and the only game around but today with them being mega huge and so many others around putting them to shame it is just sad.