jayson

Cicerouiwndframe Not Responding Error Message

this is an error I get, this is what I found about it: :)

CiceroUIWndFrame not responding error message

The information in this article applies to:

* Office XP and Office XP Service Pack 1 on Windows 2000, Windows XP

SYMPTOMS

While shutting down a Windows 2000 or Windows XP machine with Office XP, an error popup windows appears warning that CiceroUIWndFrame is not responding. Clicking OK however will cause the shutdown sequence to continue normally.

CAUSE

This seems to be related to Office XP speech/handwriting recognition.

RESOLUTION

They can be disabled by going to Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel, Add/Remove Features-Office Shared Features->Alternative User Input and Make unavailable Speech and Handwriting.

Cant figure out how to disable it..

Any help?

They can be disabled by going to Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel, Add/Remove Features-Office Shared Features->Alternative User Input and Make unavailable Speech and Handwriting.

Well, this is how they recommend removing it. Have you tried it?

I cant find:

Add/Remove Features-Office Shared Features->Alternative User Input and Make unavailable Speech and Handwriting.

Do you have a Add/Remove Features in your Add/Remove Programs?

It would be listed under that section I believe. I don't have Office installed on any of my machines so I can't tell you for sure.

In Add/Remove find MS Office. Do you have a "Change" button? Select that and then you can add or remove features from there. At least that is how mine is.

Hmmm

Correct, it should be under add/remove MS office, and then when this comes up, there should be a modification button you can press instead.

Having said that, Office XP is up to service pack 3. Have you tried installing this to see if the problem goes away?

JimE