Problems with Trackbacks

musicfrisk

Ticket ID: UQF-94066

Ticket Key: ******

Subject: ip banned as spam currently?

Department: Technical Support

for the past two weeks, I have not been able to utilize outbound trackbacks from my Wordpress blog, all of my research points to an ip, spam or other problem not related to Wordpress, which I did not change.

HELP! :)

Edited by TCH-Andy to remove the Ticket Key.

Edited by TCH-Andy

The ticket was replied to in the help desk within 5 minutes of you submitting it, on 9th October. The ticket is still there, answered, and closed whilst awaiting a response from you.

As Thomas says, the moderators do not have access to the help desk, so you need to reopen that ticket, explain in more detail (as was requested) and ask for it to be followed up(or you could open a new one, but reopening the existing one is usually best, as it keeps all the information together).

The ticket was replied to in the help desk within 5 minutes of you submitting it, on 9th October. The ticket is still there, answered, and closed whilst awaiting a response from you.

As Thomas says, the moderators do not have access to the help desk, so you need to reopen that ticket, explain in more detail (as was requested) and ask for it to be followed up(or you could open a new one, but reopening the existing one is usually best, as it keeps all the information together).

Uhm, this is incorrect. The ticket was never responded to and the ticket key is stated to be invalid when entered to check on it.

Uhm, this is incorrect. The ticket was never responded to and the ticket key is stated to be invalid when entered to check on it.

Looking on the desk - I can still see the ticket, you submitted it at

"Posted on 09 Oct 2006 9:19 pm"

the reply was at;

"Posted on 09 Oct 2006 9:24 pm"

I have not checked the ticket key, because I logged directly into the help desk, and then searched for that ticket ID.

Having said that, there is no point us arguing about why you can not access that ticket. I will respond to the ticket again now, so that you will receive an email with the link again to access the ticket.

Looking on the desk - I can still see the ticket, you submitted it at

"Posted on 09 Oct 2006 9:19 pm"

the reply was at;

"Posted on 09 Oct 2006 9:24 pm"

I have not checked the ticket key, because I logged directly into the help desk, and then searched for that ticket ID.

Having said that, there is no point us arguing about why you can not access that ticket. I will respond to the ticket again now, so that you will receive an email with the link again to access the ticket.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to 2.0.5 this morning. In addition, at the request of a leader of the Wordpress team itself, one of the world's leading Wordpress techs tested every problem they could think of and could not find the issue.

In the continuing and all too long saga of trackbacks don't work on my blog yet another bizarre chapter has been written this morning.

They still don't work, tried more posts.

Yet, I went to look at the database and some entries - old entries had suddenly moved from to_ping to pinged some entries on 10/9 pinged other blogs on 10/19 - now that is bizarre. Yet current posts don't work. Did someone possibly make a fix and then put it back the old way?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddalka/281485750/

http://scobleizer.wordpress.com/2006/10/09...r-165/#comments

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/90641?replies=6

Edited by musicfrisk